Towing Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imported_hods76

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking to pull my trailer with my '10 expy but cannot find a GOOD set of towing mirrors. Does any one know if the SD or the new F-150 mirrors will fit the 3rd gen expy or is that a aftermarket that will work? Thanks for the help!

hods76

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of our members just tried the superduty ones and here is his quote.

Upsdate:

Ford Superduty mirros from 1999 to 2008 model years will NOT work on the 2008 Expedition.

Too many modifications would have to be made to use these mirrors on the Expedition.

I'm going to see if I can "borrow" a trailer tow mirror from a F-150 to see what modifcations I would have to make to use them.

I'll keep you posted.

By the way changing out the stereo in an Expedition is 1000 times easier than in a Super Duty.

Marc

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are no tow mirrors available for any year expy.... either have to use the clip or strap on ones... ** wow that sounded dirty**... or custom modified 250 or 150 mirrors...

I wish I could find the company that makes the wanna-be superduty tow mirrors for the reg cab and supercab f150.... ebay.... they are missing a huge market of expy and (97-03) supercrew owners... since crew and expy bases are bigger than reg cab

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

they only sell them and don't make them... need to find the manufacturer and get every expy owner to email them....

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there are no tow mirrors available for any year expy.... either have to use the clip or strap on ones... ** wow that sounded dirty**... or custom modified 250 or 150 mirrors...

I wish I could find the company that makes the wanna-be superduty tow mirrors for the reg cab and supercab f150.... ebay.... they are missing a huge market of expy and (97-03) supercrew owners... since crew and expy bases are bigger than reg cab

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

they only sell them and don't make them... need to find the manufacturer and get every expy owner to email them....

Would those mirrors work for a '97 expy, cause dont expys and 150s use the same mirrors?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no expys have the same mirror bases as a supercrew the bases are like 2 inches bigger... reg cab and supercab have a smaller base... I'll see if i can find the link on f150online

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look at post 13... it shows 03 expy mirrors which fit first gen... different than reg/scab f150

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh ok, i didnt know that. why hasnt anyone made any for the first gen expys yet?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from some research I have had I know 03 and some newer expy mirrors bolt up to first gen... maybe 3rd is the same as 1st... then someone should really make tow mirrors