TPMS Annoyance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The lack of an individual tire pressure display really ticks me off as well. I have a '17 without it and we also have an '18 that has it. Not being able to verify tire pressures at a glance is very inconvenient -- especially once you get used to having it in another vehicle.

I checked into this quite a bit and still can't confirm 100% why this display can't be enabled. It's probably something to do with the Body Control Module (BCM). Our '15-'17 trucks are basically the same as a 2014 F-150. That model of F-150 had different TPMS sensors. Only the 2015+ F-150 (and 2018+ Expedition) have the display. They also have a different, more advanced BCM and may also use different style TPMS sensors.

Like active parking lines on the backup camera display, it may not be possible to get the tire pressure readout in the dash without installing the newer style BCM. This would be next to impossible unless you were a Ford engineer.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered and bought a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4. The salesperson told me that the individual tire pressures could be display - he was wrong or lied.

The lack of this feature, and several others, will prevent me from buying another new Ford.

PS - Wait until you open the rear hatch and your cargo falls out. Ford engineers couldn’t figure out how to provide a cargo net, or the provisions for one.
Violin[1].gif

aagitch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are the individual tire pressures that important to where people are driving their cars around all day staring at the pressures? On my 18 Camry xse i will look at the pressures occasionally during big temp changes etc.. On the 15 explorer and 17 expedition I'll take my butt out to the garage and spend a couple minutes checking with a tire gauge.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like to double check them as I'm departing. We live in a cold, wet climate and checking each tire with a pressure gauge is not fun -- especially when you're in a hurry or running late.