TPMS Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legbrnr

Reaction score
I purchased a Ford TPMS 19 to train the TPMS sensors on my 2010 Limited Max, I followed the instructions, got each sensor to honk the horn and after doing all four sensors got the training complete message on my dash. I turned of the vehicle and then started it, and I am still getting the TPMS fault message on my dash. Any ideas?
Thanks

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the same but if you have a low tire and you have the light on the dash, after you fill that tire to the correct PSI, you have to drive it a few blocks for the light to go off. Have you tried driving it for a bit after you do that procedure?

OP
OP
legbrnr

legbrnr

Reaction score
I just had new tires put on, so I know the air pressure is good, I trained the sensors with a ford tool and I have driven it for several miles after retraining them, but I still have the fault message on my dash.
Thank you for your thoughts. I'm puzzled.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same issue, in my case the batteries in the tpms units (inside the wheels) where bad, they had enough power to perform the learning and honk the horn, but every time I drove the car anywhere I would get the tpms fault message. Had to go to a Ford garage for them to use a tool that communicated with each tpms unit and returned the battery status, I then replaced the units with weak/bad batteries and everything has been good since. You might have a similar situation.
regards Gary

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hate to say it but Gary is on the right path, batteries only last so long in the tpms, should be replaced with the tires if original.

tvlunn

Reaction score
Just a quick question for you folks since you are talking about the TPMS sensors for the Expedition.

I have a 2008 Expedition that was purchased new and I have never had an issue with any of my sensors as of YET. The sensors are attached to a strap that goes around the inside of the rim. I'm about to put new tires on the truck. I haven't yet looked, but are OEM Motorcraft sensors still available for the 2008 model? If so, does anyone know the correct Motorcraft part number?

Thanks!

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a quick question for you folks since you are talking about the TPMS sensors for the Expedition.

I have a 2008 Expedition that was purchased new and I have never had an issue with any of my sensors as of YET. The sensors are attached to a strap that goes around the inside of the rim. I'm about to put new tires on the truck. I haven't yet looked, but are OEM Motorcraft sensors still available for the 2008 model? If so, does anyone know the correct Motorcraft part number?

Thanks!
You can replace the band sensors with the updated valve stem style, of the same MHz. I don't have a part number handy.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, I know that, but I still need to find which sensor(s) are bad, they should be good for 10+ years, not 4!!

Modelcarguy

Reaction score
I’d suggest that instead of the band type sensor, you upgrade the modules to the valve stem type.

I found the band type to be very picky about the set up, low battery warning and the wheel sensor’s ability to read them at all times. And that excludes the fact that it can also be very tricky balancing the wheels properly. (You’d think that wouldn’t matter, but far easier to balance them with valve stem sensors I’ve found)