TPMS Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Ford Expedtion Limited 4x4, purchased new. The oil + filter change and tire rotation has always been done at the selling Ford dealer.

My question:

The vehicle does not have individual tire pressure readouts. If a tire pressure drops too low, it activates a warning light but does not indicate which tire is low.

If the tires and wheels are rotated, does the TPMS system have to be reset? Or, does the system read all four pressure sensors and turn on the low light if one or more sensor is activated - and it doesn't matter which tire/wheel position the sensors are located?

Thanks for any information.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Ford Expedtion Limited 4x4, purchased new. The oil + filter change and tire rotation has always been done at the selling Ford dealer.

My question:

The vehicle does not have individual tire pressure readouts. If a tire pressure drops too low, it activates a warning light but does not indicate which tire is low.

If the tires and wheels are rotated, does the TPMS system have to be reset? Or, does the system read all four pressure sensors and turn on the low light if one or more sensor is activated - and it doesn't matter which tire/wheel position the sensors are located?

Thanks for any information.
Each sensor has a unique id and it is bound to the computer. The computer really doesn't care where the sensor is located. The system only warns you of an under pressure condition but as you said it doesn't tell you which tire. You have to figure out that by yourself.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Andy, on our 17's, does the TPMS indicate a specific tire or just a global warning?

nick

OP
OP

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Each sensor has a unique id and it is bound to the computer. The computer really doesn't care where the sensor is located. The system only warns you of an under pressure condition but as you said it doesn't tell you which tire. You have to figure out that by yourself.

Thank you.

My family and I have owned numerous GM vehicles, all which display the individual tire pressure. I had bought a GM tool that enabled me to match each individual TPMS sensor on my GM vehicles to the computer when the wheels were rotated.

This was my first Ford in over 40+ years of driving. The salesman told me the Expediton displayed the individual tire pressures like GM vehicles, but after I took delivery I learned that was false.

Since I've had the dealer do the oil change and tire rotation service, I hadn't thought about the TPMS system until recently. I plan to have new tires installed and wanted to ensure that the sensors were re learned if it was required.

Thank you again for your help.

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The information is there, but Ford apparently doesn't think it should be shared openly with the end user. I replaced my Sync radio with a Kenwood head unit and an iDatalink Maestro so that I could keep my steering wheel controls and boom, all info is available via the Kenwood. Independent tire display comes up automatically after boot, before it switches to the radio display. It is available at any time via Kenwood menu options. I can also monitor most engine sensors and see engine codes. I can see ignition timing, fuel to air ratio, exhaust temp, instant mpg. It can even display g-forces during acceleration and braking, as well as 0-60 acceleration time. It ties in with the sync computer and also to the ECM.
Gague-Overview.jpg Gauge-01.jpg Gauge-02.jpg

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The information is there, but Ford apparently doesn't think it should be shared openly with the end user. I replaced my Sync radio with a Kenwood head unit and an iDatalink Maestro so that I could keep my steering wheel controls and boom, all info is available via the Kenwood. Independent tire display comes up automatically after boot, before it switches to the radio display. It is available at any time via Kenwood menu options. I can also monitor most engine sensors and see engine codes. I can see ignition timing, fuel to air ratio, exhaust temp, instant mpg. It can even display g-forces during acceleration and braking, as well as 0-60 acceleration time. It ties in with the sync computer and also to the ECM.
View attachment 22921 View attachment 22922 View attachment 22923
purevw, how much did that cost. What year Expedition do you have and was it hard to install?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

My family and I have owned numerous GM vehicles, all which display the individual tire pressure. I had bought a GM tool that enabled me to match each individual TPMS sensor on my GM vehicles to the computer when the wheels were rotated.

This was my first Ford in over 40+ years of driving. The salesman told me the Expediton displayed the individual tire pressures like GM vehicles, but after I took delivery I learned that was false.

Since I've had the dealer do the oil change and tire rotation service, I hadn't thought about the TPMS system until recently. I plan to have new tires installed and wanted to ensure that the sensors were re learned if it was required.

Thank you again for your help.
I'm glad that I could help. I'm hearing that some of the F150's have tire pressure readouts for all 4 wheels and Ford may finally be moving in the right direction.

tbone1004

Reaction score
lurking around, but just bought a 17 EL Limited. Was quite disappointed to find that it won't display the tire pressure. This will be used for towing and hauling for dive gear so even if it will just give me a list of the 5, I'll be happy. My buddies 16 F-150 will display it and I get that we may not have the hardware, but here's to hoping someone finds the code change to spit it out. If Kenwood can do it, hopefully we can find it