TPMS trigger adjustment??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to adjust when the TPMS light comes on? I have seen it for some other models but have not found anything searching here. Found how to shut off the light and someone else is doing it with a different scanner.
I am running 45 psi now with my tires and would like to adjust the trigger point accordingly.

Not a huge deal as the light will come on at the normal level which is good too when driving and there is a serious issue but would be nice to know if a tire dropped below 40 on me.
Also would be nice if in the OBDLink software if you could set thresholds and you would get an alert in the app when monitoring as well. (Not Forscan related just thinking out loud).

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Interesting question. At a minimum you can set up a dedicated dashboard on OBDLink that displays all four tire pressures and monitor that occasionally. I’ve done this and swipe over to it occasionally during long trips and even at startup just to verify pressures. I have not set custom warning thresholds but I do believe it’s possible.

If you find a way to adjust in Forscan please let us know. I don’t recall seeing those parameters.

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do have a dedicated dashboard but generally don’t have OBDLink as my main screen as it is usually nav or music but running in the back so a push notification would be nice.

Other models have the TPMS parameters that are adjustable so hopefully ours do.
Only rub for me is I am by no means a computer guy so I have to just copy what others have done. My knowledge is nowhere what is needed to find the parameters on my own without screwing something up.

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
I have kind of wondered the same thing, and am still poking around for it. What I find as dumb as Boeing, on my 2016, whoo, hoo, you get 1 ANNOYING idiot lite! As to which tire that single idiot light is referring to is anybody's guess, till you get to the gas station, to run around the vehicle checking each tire looking for the low one. This had to be a better idea by some sick FMCO engineer who moved to Kentucky from Key West, against their will, at the start of winter! Most undone over their new living environment, I reckon they found it quite amusing, IT'S NOT, I LIVE IN WISCONSIN AND IT GETS COLD HERE! TPM, 5 point monitoring is a must here since things can be fine when you get home from work. It gets really cold over night, and one or more of your shoes are a little soft when you go to leave in the morning! What makes this so, in your face, Boeing Stupid! The onboard computer reports the pressure to each tire in kilopascal's, least that is the way on mine it works. I too use the phone to park OBD-II monitoring in the background where I can pop over and check things out during the drive. As a lot of us probably do this, till we get smarter about all the onboard computers, how to handle that FFFOOO77 computer language, and write our own code. Forscan, uh, maybe in the next update you could put some kind of push notification in there to bring to the front of our phones a problem???? Soooo, at the moment, among other things, I am trying to figure out how to put the info on the MFD Left side, somebody else did it here, so there is a way??? Also, the heated steering wheel trick, I got my seats to show up on the sync display, that all works like a charm. The heated steering wheel, I can get the button to show up, as for the steering wheel warming up, nothing, nada. Is that system sensitive to ambient temp? AKA, you can turn it on, but it wont come on unless the vehicle temp inside is below 35 Deg., F. I kind of hope that is the case, if anyone can let me know, many thanks! Finally, I came across this totally by accident, it kind of helps me, so I am passing it on. Oh, and I don't work for Microsoft in any capacity, so not turning this rant into an advert for them. However, since I have a dedicated Windows 10, aviation ADS-B, data management tiny form factor computer in my vehicle for work. I decided to put Forscan on that and hook it into the OBD-II port. Well, la-te-da, lo and behold if you run all that data through Microsoft Visual Studio 2019, its not picture software, its a programming suite, free from MS. It deciphers Pascal, C+, C++, C+++, what ever c's come after that, HTML, and some other programming languages. Well if you have it open a data dump from any of the OBD-II computers on the vehicle. Open VS2019 and use it to read the file, It actually sorts the data, numbers it, highlights the parts that may need to be fiddled with if you so desire. And know what will happen if you change FFF00EE, to F0F0EFE, point is, you save the original file as a backup. Go play around with the #2 file in VS2019, if you change anything and it does not work, its easy peazy to get back to the line of code where you made adjustments, try something else, run that file through OBD-II, change it again till you sort out the issue. Its not the total answer to all that confusion, but it keeps me better organized, less likely to forget the code line number I changed things on, cause there aren't any, till you run it through VS2019. I don't have to hunt for stuff near as much, and am better able to more methodically work through a problem. Finally I really don't think Ford Speak is the language that Microsoft figured VS2019 would be used to mess with, but it is a programming language, it helps me, so I am not going to knock it. Take care all, if I sort out the TPM display I will make sure to upload the file here for everyone.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pre 18 Expeditions cannot display Tire Pressure on the left MFD, just like they cannot display the HVAC controls on the right display. The modules that gives that functionality to other Ford vehicles are the DDM and PDM which the Pre 18 Expy’s do not have. The BCM and other modules share some of what those other 2 modules do in most other Fords.

As far as somebody doing it on a Pre 18 Expy...please post a link to proof and I will eat my words, figure out how they did it, and post clear instructions.

As for the heated Steering wheel, did you install one? There was a member on here who documented the install and everything that is needed to do it including the coding. I suggest you do a search...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to adjust when the TPMS light comes on? I have seen it for some other models but have not found anything searching here. Found how to shut off the light and someone else is doing it with a different scanner.
I am running 45 psi now with my tires and would like to adjust the trigger point accordingly.

Not a huge deal as the light will come on at the normal level which is good too when driving and there is a serious issue but would be nice to know if a tire dropped below 40 on me.
Also would be nice if in the OBDLink software if you could set thresholds and you would get an alert in the app when monitoring as well. (Not Forscan related just thinking out loud).

It can definitely be adjusted. I use my HyperTech to adjust it. Never tried to find it in FORSCAN, but it must be there! Next time I hook up FORSCAN I will see if I can figure out what bit gets changed.

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It can definitely be adjusted. I use my HyperTech to adjust it. Never tried to find it in FORSCAN, but it must be there! Next time I hook up FORSCAN I will see if I can figure out what bit gets changed.

Much appreciated.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Black, looking at BdyCm Module configuration I see fields for 'Rear Tire Placard Pressure' and 'Front Tire Placard Pressure' with a default value of 35 psi. Seems like this is what you would want to change.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Black, looking at BdyCm Module configuration I see fields for 'Rear Tire Placard Pressure' and 'Front Tire Placard Pressure' with a default value of 35 psi. Seems like this is what you would want to change.

Excellent! That is exactly what you need. Modify that setting and the Low pressure warning should be 5 below what ever that is set at.