trailer brake controller position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadman

Reaction score
I am about to install a trailer brake control in my 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition. The controller I am using needs to be level. The panel near the drivers knee area does not have a spot that will permit me to get the control level. I may have to make something to mount it on so it will work. Has anyone had this problem and could you pass along your solution?

cdherman

Reaction score
My Tekonsha did not require perfectly level attachment. Works great right ahead of my right knee. Sorry to be a nudge, but perhaps it would be better to go with a more mainsteam controller that has the newer technologies that allow a little tilt.

FWIW -- the Tekonsha bracket was almost perfectly level anyhow....

Maybe you can ebay it and get a differnet one?

OP
OP
T

Toadman

Reaction score
:) The contoller I am using is a Hayes. It appears that it does not have to be exactly level. It is the inertial type that reads the deceleration rate of the vehicle to apply the proper amount of gtrailer braking. I have this on another vehicle and it works very well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpember1990