Trailer Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page W Sutton

Reaction score
I just bought a trailer and set it up on my truck entering all the data required. I calibrated the trailer, physically disconnected the trailer and thought I was good.

When i start the truck now it defaults back to trailer mode and is tracking mileage on a trailer thats not attached. I have to manually switch it back to my preferred mode everytime.

I am assuming I have to disconnect the trailer software wise from the truck. I cant seem to find the menue for this.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance

Whit

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you disconnect the trailer with the Expy running, it will tell you it has been disconnected. Press OK and it will go back to the last screen you used. If you disconnect it with the Expy off you have to select “no trailer “ to clear the screen and stop the mileage from adding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have never gotten this to work. Even if I disconnect the trailer while the truck is running I have to manually select no trailer.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I just figured this out today after about two weeks of being irritated! You have to go into the Trailer Menu when not moving and select off your named trailer and select "No Trailer." You would think when it senses the trailer is disconnected it would do this automatically.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just figured this out today after about two weeks of being irritated! You have to go into the Trailer Menu when not moving and select off your named trailer and select "No Trailer." You would think when it senses the trailer is disconnected it would do this automatically.
I suspect it’s a reminder that you have not hooked your trailer [back] up, properly. You have to deliberately select ‘no trailer’.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I suspect it’s a reminder that you have not hooked your trailer [back] up, properly. You have to deliberately select ‘no trailer’.

Except it doesn't give a warning, it just stays on the trailer screen (IIRC). If you lose the connection, it does give you a warning. Either way, if you disconnect the trailer you should be able to get to "no trailer" more easily.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Except it doesn't give a warning, it just stays on the trailer screen (IIRC). If you lose the connection, it does give you a warning. Either way, if you disconnect the trailer you should be able to get to "no trailer" more easily.
That's true. It isn't really a warning, but it should be, like you said.