Trailing Arms...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how are these holding up? as soon as im in new shop im getting to work on mine, then the spring are being relaced, to do away with the spacers, going with a 4 inch longer spring in rear, so then i will have a 3 inch level kit for sale, 2 spacers and front torsion keys

firemann32

Reaction score
how are these holding up? as soon as im in new shop im getting to work on mine, then the spring are being relaced, to do away with the spacers, going with a 4 inch longer spring in rear, so then i will have a 3 inch level kit for sale, 2 spacers and front torsion keys

Hey hit me up when you sell your leveling kit.

Spoon-Man what would be the advantage of having adjustable arms?

When you decide to make new trailing arms out of round tube let me know I might be interested in buying the square ones.

Last edited:

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey hit me up when you sell your leveling kit.

Spoon-Man what would be the advantage of having adjustable arms?

When you decide to make new trailing arms out of round tube let me know I might be interested in buying the square ones.

the difference with adjustables are even with spacer kits when they are installed it pulls your rear axle forward, if you have adjustables you can push axle back slighty to keep it centered in the wells, not so noticable with leveling kits, but 4 inch and larger lift tent to pull axles into the center of the truck, this will also allow you to adjust drive shaft angles to avoid binding from differential to drive shaft,, i am in process of makeing mine now, and poss installing 250 springs in rear, that will sturdy my towing sag, and allow me to run with out the spacers and still gain 1 inch over what i have now with stock springs and 3 inch spacers

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I was at Tractor Supply the other day and found that they have large, adjustable link arms that are used for mounting attachments to the rear of heavy equipment. These things would be perfect as upper or lower rear control arms. They are way heavier than the pieces that I've seen used on the tv car shows.

I'll snap some pix next time I'm there, but some of you who need to replace yours may want to check it out.

firemann32

Reaction score
I was at Tractor Supply the other day and found that they have large, adjustable link arms that are used for mounting attachments to the rear of heavy equipment. These things would be perfect as upper or lower rear control arms. They are way heavier than the pieces that I've seen used on the tv car shows.

I'll snap some pix next time I'm there, but some of you who need to replace yours may want to check it out.

Hmm Never thought of that, I wonder if that would work or why it wouldn't?

OP
OP
Spoon-Man

Spoon-Man

Full Access Members
Reaction score

There holding up great, truck handles lil better also. Just moved so I'm triing to get the house done so I can set up the garage. I have to make a upper set now..

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i know ill need new links soon. just a matter of time before mine crack! or worce. since i live pretty much in the salt water and the salty air dosent helps i know they will break after a while.