Train Horns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know some people misuse these horns and think its a gag. But sometimes a loud horn comes in handy when youre driving 85mph and you see about a mile away someone fumbling on their phone and driving 50 on the fast lane.

So with that in mind, has anyone installed train horns on their EX? Anyone have pics and location where it was mounted?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how can u see a mile away someone with their phone? IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Otters07

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No matter how you look at it trains horns are a gag. Also note that in California, a train horn can be mounted on a car but not used. On a semi-truck, it is allowed if it is attached to the air brake system, powered by the air from the brake system, complies with FMVSS standards 121 and 106, and has the appropriate certifications. If you are found to have violated those terms, you can receive a minimum $108 fine if there are no other violations or citations on your CDL.

So in other words you can be fined for using it even it is to get someones attention...also you will run the risk of startling other drivers and causing them to wreck.

OP
OP
Z

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how can u see a mile away someone with their phone? IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Yes when I eventually catch up to them. Think about it - how do you think I figured they were driving at 50mph...

No matter how you look at it trains horns are a gag. Also note that in California, a train horn can be mounted on a car but not used. On a semi-truck, it is allowed if it is attached to the air brake system, powered by the air from the brake system, complies with FMVSS standards 121 and 106, and has the appropriate certifications. If you are found to have violated those terms, you can receive a minimum $108 fine if there are no other violations or citations on your CDL.

So in other words you can be fined for using it even it is to get someones attention...also you will run the risk of startling other drivers and causing them to wreck.

I agree especially the last part. I dont want that.

Whats the next best loud horn? Truck horn?

Last edited:

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I startle idiots with my stock horn. I still want air horns though. I have a pair sitting in the garage. They're not train horns though.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's an electric horn that sounds like an air horn...i've never heard it but found it on the web during one of my many late night searches for body kits

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason I haven't put them on is cause I want REAL train horns. Not these cheap air horns but the real Nathan Air Chime K5LA. Unfortunately they're to expensive.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire