Transmission slipping in reverse 6r75

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith92487

Reaction score
Last night coming home my wrench light came on the dash stopping at a redlight, Now it seems like first gear is acting up and reverse is slipping. I just want to know if anybody has any experience with the valve body or Mechatronic unit. Hoping it’s just a bad solenoid or valve. It threw a p0741 code

I believe I have the 6r75, currently has 211k changed fluid and filter at 185k using all motor craft parts.

OP
OP
Keith92487

Keith92487

Reaction score
To update everyone I found the bridge seal above the valve body to be blown out, I’ll be picking one up or ordering it tomorrow. Hopefully that fixes several issues I have been having lately.

375B7F7F-F6AC-4438-A449-E64C43B8C257.jpegFF1165B8-E6A8-45B5-80AD-F80A5B124578.jpeg2A47BE56-2C4D-4834-9D2A-56E628C4184D.jpeg

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Squeeze those pieces back together to see if all of it is there. It looks like its just cracked, though.

snowmobile74

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pictures! I had P0731, P0735, delayed shift FWD/REV and very slow engagement. Mine was a little over a year off a replacement in this truck (Junk Yard), and I just didn't believe that it was already dead. Last night I went to working on the transmission and found mine cracked in the same way.
The thing I realize now, is that my last transmission had much the same symptoms and was probably fine. I haven't put mine back together yet so I don't know if mines ok.

But for anyone else who's unlucky enough to get this see TSB 10-18-1. Two of the shops I went to even with the TSB thought I just needed a rebuild to the tune of $4400+. This seems to be an something that will eventually effect all 6R75 and some early 6R80 transmissions in the applicable year range.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/kennyz1963/2012-01-21_131620_tsb10-18-01.pdf

8624483158011317288.jpg

CoreyWilliam

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Expedition with 247,000 miles. It went into limp home mode and threw up the same codes and also P0729 (sixth gear incorrect gear ratio). I took it in to a transmission shop and they told me I needed a complete rebuild.
After reading this and researching further I decided to pull my pan and take a look. sure enough the seal was split in two. Replaced only the seal and everything works perfect!
Did anyone else see a significant improvement in gas mileage after completing this?

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Expedition with 247,000 miles. It went into limp home mode and threw up the same codes and also P0729 (sixth gear incorrect gear ratio). I took it in to a transmission shop and they told me I needed a complete rebuild.
After reading this and researching further I decided to pull my pan and take a look. sure enough the seal was split in two. Replaced only the seal and everything works perfect!
Did anyone else see a significant improvement in gas mileage after completing this?

But you need a complete rebuild!!!

Please go to the trans shops google page and state exactly what happened.

You had issue...took in told it needs complete rebuild and the quote they wanted to extort from you. The tell what it was and what the part cost and that you did it yourself.
With social media....we just might be able to change the standard industry practice of transmission shops.
BIGGEST CROOKS in auto repair. While I'm slamming (stating the facts)....Repair shops 2nd biggest..and body shops number 3!

Body shops get bonus reprieve points for not usually lying about what you need and sometimes even using used parts..BUT the labor and markup for materials is way past rip off.

It is 2020, we should have been able to cut 2/3+ of the time it takes to repair a car paint body wise...and many things are much faster. NO longer does a guy sit around with a body hammer and dollies and uncrinkle a fender. They replace all they can....The actual painting is only minutes. Takes longer to mask it up.

BUT don't talk to ANY trans shop guys, auto repair shop or body shop guys....they fully believe it is worth all that...

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
^ This!

It's un-f**king-believable how these so-called "pros" are ripping off the general public who doesn't know how to use a ratchet! It's what prompted me to buy my own tools and start wrenching when I was in college, because my week-end wages were all going towards fixing my clunker at local shops, lol...

Imagine if they were all honest : folks would be able to keep these used cars on the road longer and these shops would be making way MORE cash than they are now!

(more used cars on the road = fewer new cars with warranties sold = a metric TON of extra business for them in the end).

Some people (shop owners) can't see the forest for the trees... because it's their swindling ways that drive their customers away from used cars and makes them buy new vehicles with warranties, sending old (cheaply repairable) cars to the junk yard. It's literally flushing your own bread & butter down the toilet!

What a bunch of fumb ducks!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205