Transmission will NOT stop leaking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riderboy1961

Reaction score
Nice pictures.

We cant see on the transmission, Exactly where the leak is coming from though (what area of the transmission).

Can you slide under the rig from the passenger side and take some pictures of the bottom and right sides of the transmission to include the 2 transmission lines?

You need to take the pictures at all different angles (with flash again),

OP
OP
K

knewblewkorvett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These pictures are from the passenger side.
This leak is different from all the times before as the previous leaks puked a pint to a quart and then stopped leaking. This time I noticed it is still leaking, well over a quart on the garage floor.

20200707_195128.jpg

20200707_195146.jpg

20200707_195219.jpg

riderboy1961

Reaction score
I just now saw these last 3 pictures.

The Last picture is of the rear of the transmission pan, it is DRY, no leaks.

That last picture, that has the Silver colored pan hanging down is the Transmission Pan. Need New pictures of the Right Side of that pan including the Unit the pan is bolted onto.

Now... if you will, "slide up under" the same Passenger side, take pictures of the Right Side/Passenger Side of that Transmission, pictures need to include the 2 metal fluid lines coming out of the transmission case. Take several at different angles (with flash still).

***Laying down, looking straight up at the right side of that pan area But, Above the pan area is what we need pictures of. Above the pan, passenger side.

Your Doing Good!!

Last edited:

riderboy1961

Reaction score
Also... after re-reading your Starting thread on this subject I would like to ask... when you went to your mechanic after you discovered the leak, did he have to put More Transmission Fluid back into the transmission?

And... don't worry about going back to your mechanic over and over again for the same issue, if he is a competent mechanic with Experience he should have this fixed by the 2nd trip back to him for the same problem. You payed him to do the job correctly, if this leak has something to do with that work he did, he of course will be re-doing his work on His Dime, that's the way it Should be.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks more like the transfer case leaking on cross member at rear of tranny case.

Wal92tt

Reaction score
You need to slide under the truck with a flashlight, search for the wet oil/fluid spots actually on the underside of the truck, trace back where they may be originating, and take clear pictures of that. So far everyone is blindly trying to diagnose the issue.....

mrphixit

Reaction score
Maybe the other half is just feeling like messing with you and every now and then goes out and dumps a quart under there to get a good laugh at your expense. Surely you’ve done something in the past to deserve this. LOL

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Following this as I have a 1989 F350 with a C6 doing the exact same thing. I like the idea of TC drain back.....I'm thinking maybe out the vent or the O ring on the speedometer cable to case has a leak. But yes mine is dry for a few days as well.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Let it leak for a few days and see if it stops. There is an overfill hole. They may be putting too much fluid in it. Mine had a rust hole in the dipstick tube, but was high enough it didn't leak. The lines are also known leak, but under pressure. They may of stripped out one of your pan bolts. Try to go around tightening them. If one is loose there's your problem.