transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ontarioeddie

Reaction score
My 2004 with the 5.4 litre engine(40000kms) makes a knocking sound from the tranny when slowing to a stop. It only does it when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd. The dealer says this is normal but I am having a hard time believing that. Any thoughts out there.

Randy

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Expy with 90,000 miles and pull a heavy construction trailer quite often and don't hear any knocking from my tranny. I can't imagine that the sounds your tranny makes are "normal". Maybe you might try taking it to another dealer for a second opinion - better yet, take it to a reputable transmission shop for their thoughts. Good luck!

ExpyBob

Reaction score
My 2004 tranny failed at 33000 miles.

They had to rebuild the entire thing (note-not replace). My trany did not have a knocking noise, it's not normal.

Bob

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it sounds like something in the vavle body might be going bad i would take it to a trans shop like the other guy said and have it looked at and see what they think the problem could be