Truck won't start....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I checked the relay and its good... Pulled the harness off(the 4 pin behind the passenger side kick panel), and ran 12v to the wire harness at the green/yellow wire. Still won't start. So, I would "assume" since I can't bypass the fuel relay and it still won't start that it's the fuel pump. I have 12volts at the fuse, and at plug above the fuse panel.

OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gonna pull the left rear panel inside the truck and check for power on the input and output of the fuel pump reset switch next. Hoping maybe it's bad?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have 12v back at the fuel pump harness ? It's attached to the frame just under the left rear passenger seat area.

Driver's side rear passenger area.... if it's the original pump, don't be shocked if it is bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am checking the green/yellow wire at the 2 wire harness/ where the fuel pump cut off switch is, and only have .71 volts to the harness... (Ahhh... I have to turn the key while checking it, and can't do two things at once. Will have wife help me when she gets home...)

Last edited:
OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are 2 wires in the harness for the fuel pump cut off switch. A red wire and a green/yellow wire. Have only .71volts at the green/yellow wire, so I ran a wire tap into the harness to the red wire and powered it with 12 volts from the battery, tried to start it and still nothing.

OP
OP
johnboneske

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I back probe the harness above the fuse box. The 4 wire harness with the green/yellow wire while turning the key I get 12v. I can't check the green yellow wire at the cut off switch by myself. Will wait for my to get home from work to check that. If I have 12 volts at the green yellow wire at the fuel cut off switch, then I should be able to run a jumper wire to the red wire of that harness and that would power the fuel pump correct? And if it still doesn't start it is the pump... Just double checking to make sure I am right?

The pump is on its way, ordered it off Amazon and will be here tomorrow either way.