Trying to get speaker box ideas for my 04 EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sealed requires more power to really make them hit...ported...you can get away with less power because the sound/air is being released to a point...so theres more output...and so oyou have a bigger box to maximize the air...i know that my subs beat crazy at lvl 20...but when i did have a ported box with the volfenhags...lvl 15 was more like having it on 30...

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll stick to my cheap subs and amp....lol its loud enough for me but I'll never win and DB drags....:jester: but it is interesting to see what people build... like some say about wanting a suspension lift I say to wanting a full system but then that would defeat the reason for a loud exhaust and humming tires....

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
bhsoulja gotcha makes sense. walnuts you can have both loud exhaust humming tires and a loud system more ways to annoy people while driving. besides if you dont have a good system you cant get someone else to turn their radio down by putting more bass out of a country song then they can through their rap.:Big Laugh:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i need a louder exhaust. maybe a tip would be good! haha and my tires hum, but not bad! and i have herd a ported and sealed box. before my ghetto port my box had tight clean bass, but never the loudness i wanted. so i made that ghetto port, sure its not tuned but its louder, and enough to give to my gf! haha now i always wanted 2 12s or 2 15s, but i found that the box and 2 crunch subs is the perfect set up i want. i dont need no 2 jlW7s. haha but a loud system and exhaust is a must for me! o and i love playing mexican music in my truck. its so loud and funny! haha

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll keep my sony xplode 10" subs in a sealed box... I know i'm cheap, but never really turn it up that loud anyways just like clear music and my stock sub wasn't cutting it.... and you don't even wanna know what speakers I have in my doors....:crazy: "duals" from wallyworld...lol

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey. dual is a good brand. my crunch amp died and i still have my old dual amp. things a champ. and my cousin had dual subs for a while. sounded great. and the flip up head units are great from them too! duals are great! i just dont like sony speakers. so go blow up your subs! haha

OP
OP
Big Ford Daddy

Big Ford Daddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i need a louder exhaust. maybe a tip would be good! haha and my tires hum, but not bad! and i have herd a ported and sealed box. before my ghetto port my box had tight clean bass, but never the loudness i wanted. so i made that ghetto port, sure its not tuned but its louder, and enough to give to my gf! haha now i always wanted 2 12s or 2 15s, but i found that the box and 2 crunch subs is the perfect set up i want. i dont need no 2 jlW7s. haha but a loud system and exhaust is a must for me! o and i love playing mexican music in my truck. its so loud and funny! haha

Get one of these and make it sound like a turbo :waytogo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lkWtYgNptM&feature=related

napew2009

Full Access Members
Reaction score
custom console box

I removed the console and got a custom box made for my 10" Digital Design 9510. The box sounds great. I have it wired to 2 ohms at 1500 rms powered by a powerkoustik amp. Check it out. amps are mounted behind the 2nd row seats with 3rd row seating available.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 259
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 383
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 376

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
$154 shipped to my door. worth it? this is exactly what i wanted though! or theres this ebay one. $135 with free shipping. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXPE...6032616QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo#ht_2632wt_823 not sure its the same though. should i pay the extra $19 and get the one that i know is correct? o and im changing my subs. getting these. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17886_Crunch-GPV12D4.html i think im going all crunch on this build! crunch amps, subs, soon speakers, new JVC deck and Kicker cable! haha

How do you like that box? I called the guy and he told me they made about 7 different prototypes and that one is their end result.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt