Trying to wire electric air horns into horn circuit. How to access horns to attach wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Pancho258

Pancho258

Reaction score
I’ve installed electric air horns in a 2018 Expedition and our current 22 Expedition Timberline and F150. It is not difficult but it takes time and you have to contort your hands, arm and fingers slightly.

it can be done without removing the grill and getting to everything from the engine bay.

To enable the horns to operate from the steering wheel horn button you’ll need to tap into the wire that runs to the existing horn. That is the one difficult, time consuming chore. Once you get past that all you need to figure out is where you want to mount the horns and the compressors.

if you would like more details I can take some pics of my install on the Timberline. The electrical is a piece of cake as is mounting the compressors. It took me some additional time devising a bracket and mounting the horns behind the grill without completely removing the grill. For those who are not mechanical inclined or want to avoid how I mounted mine there are other simpler locations.

mounting behind the grill you have to be careful to space the horns away from the Radiator louver system so as to not have the louder stick in the closed or open position.

let me know if interested and i can supply details.