Tuned Stealth Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralix

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone tuned a Stealth Performance engine? If so, do you have any power gain numbers?

Thanks!

OP
OP
R

ralix

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I reached out to 5 Star, they said they aren't seeling one yet. But Livernois ' response "We do it's the same tuner as the 2022 tuner and runs $799. We are seeing roughly 50-60hp at the wheels with our calibration on the vehicle"

Thank you

Tripoli

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I reached out to 5 Star, they said they aren't seeling one yet. But Livernois ' response "We do it's the same tuner as the 2022 tuner and runs $799. We are seeing roughly 50-60hp at the wheels with our calibration on the vehicle"

Thank you
Dealers do tunes now? Does it still void the factory warranty?

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealers do tunes now? Does it still void the factory warranty?

According to a Ford rep it will void certain warranties and almost 100% the powertrain warranty. Since engines are detuned to match the powertrain. Like in Helicopters many share the EXACT same turbine model but they are detuned to adhere with the transmission and rotor requirements.

I would only get a tune out of warranty or if I could remove it with no trace in the event of warranty work.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
According to a Ford rep it will void certain warranties and almost 100% the powertrain warranty. Since engines are detuned to match the powertrain. Like in Helicopters many share the EXACT same turbine model but they are detuned to adhere with the transmission and rotor requirements.

I would only get a tune out of warranty or if I could remove it with no trace in the event of warranty work.

The Ford rep is wrong, and frankly, incorrect in so many ways. First, nothing 'automatically voids warranty' as the rep implies. If the tune adversely affects the engine in such a manner as to cause powertrain failure directly related to the tune, then sure. It's likely to void the warranty. If your Sync4a fails, that's wholly unrelated to a tuner and would not suffer from voided warranty. IF a fuel injector fails, they would have to PROVE the tune caused it to fail. Again, nothing is automatic. Consumers are protected by law.

Second, the engines are not detuned to protect the powertrain. Every expedition has the 10R80, which is essentially rated to 800 ft-lbs of torque. The SPP engine is 'derated' from raptor levels mainly so raptor is the 'big dog', but the powertrain in every expedition can handle the power levels and a copious amount beyond that. Ask the mustang guys with 10R80's making 800+whp. Nothing internally stronger in those than ours. It's a fantastic transmission...and really benefits from an aftermarket calibration versus the junk stock calibrations.

Honestly, I'm not surprised at the ford rep being wrong. They just aren't trained on this stuff and frankly don't know much about the technical aspects of these vehicles.

Now, with tunes, you *can* remove the tune and reinstall the factory calibration. Did it several times on my F150 with no issues.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Ford rep is wrong, and frankly, incorrect in so many ways. First, nothing 'automatically voids warranty' as the rep implies. If the tune adversely affects the engine in such a manner as to cause powertrain failure directly related to the tune, then sure. It's likely to void the warranty. If your Sync4a fails, that's wholly unrelated to a tuner and would not suffer from voided warranty. IF a fuel injector fails, they would have to PROVE the tune caused it to fail. Again, nothing is automatic. Consumers are protected by law.

Second, the engines are not detuned to protect the powertrain. Every expedition has the 10R80, which is essentially rated to 800 ft-lbs of torque. The SPP engine is 'derated' from raptor levels mainly so raptor is the 'big dog', but the powertrain in every expedition can handle the power levels and a copious amount beyond that. Ask the mustang guys with 10R80's making 800+whp. Nothing internally stronger in those than ours. It's a fantastic transmission...and really benefits from an aftermarket calibration versus the junk stock calibrations.

Honestly, I'm not surprised at the ford rep being wrong. They just aren't trained on this stuff and frankly don't know much about the technical aspects of these vehicles.

Now, with tunes, you *can* remove the tune and reinstall the factory calibration. Did it several times on my F150 with no issues.
Totally agree with you. If engines did not benefit from tunes there would be no aftermarket tuners. Also the word TUNE has many meanings. It could alter the shift points and fuel delivery times to suit the needs of the driver and not always have to max out the HP and torque. My concern when in warranty is these companies, "especially" extended warranty companies are looking for every conceivable way to not pay the claim and after market tunes is probably high on their radar.