Tuned Stealth Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tripoli

Reaction score
I am intrigued by the idea of changing up shift behavior. I'm only at 3,600 miles, but I find the shifting very awkward when making a hard 90 degree turn and then accelerating. It too aggressively upshifts during the turn, then I put my foot down a bit and it lags to shift back down. Badly. I don't need to be in 3rd gear on a 3mph turn. I'm hoping it learns and stops that, but I'm starting to lose hope.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IF a fuel injector fails, they would have to PROVE the tune caused it to fail. Again, nothing is automatic. Consumers are protected by law.
This varies state to state. No one is guaranteed a warranty covered replacement. Ford warranty, just like any other company, has a list of stipulations they can pull from to “void” a warranty for components.
I have had tunes on several cars, most good tuning shops actually have their own warranty coverage too.
Occasionally a tune will push some components too far and fail prematurely, it does happen.
You should not expect those to be covered by warranty. If the tune is unrelated to the part in question. Such as Sync4 screen, or power seat control, those components are unrelated and likely won’t even come up in conversation around a tune for engine.
Using a different example, if you have an aftermarket shop sand and paint part of your hood and it rusts 12 m later, ford will not cover that paint under the warranty.
If you tow a 20k lb trailer and you blow a transmission, they will easily void your warranty.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
This varies state to state. No one is guaranteed a warranty covered replacement. Ford warranty, just like any other company, has a list of stipulations they can pull from to “void” a warranty for components.
I have had tunes on several cars, most good tuning shops actually have their own warranty coverage too.
Occasionally a tune will push some components too far and fail prematurely, it does happen.
You should not expect those to be covered by warranty. If the tune is unrelated to the part in question. Such as Sync4 screen, or power seat control, those components are unrelated and likely won’t even come up in conversation around a tune for engine.
Using a different example, if you have an aftermarket shop sand and paint part of your hood and it rusts 12 m later, ford will not cover that paint under the warranty.
If you tow a 20k lb trailer and you blow a transmission, they will easily void your warranty.
the Magnuson-Moss warranty act is a federal law built to protect consumers from overzealous and evidence-free warranty voiding.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the Magnuson-Moss warranty act is a federal law built to protect consumers from overzealous and evidence-free warranty voiding.
I think it’s deceiving to give people a false sense of security. I’m not a lawyer, but that act was not designed to protect people from modifying vehicles, having a component be stressed beyond the intended use, fail, and then guarantee it would be replaced under the warranty. It was intended to avoid deceptive and misleading warranty practices.
Ford complies with listing stipulations clearly. If you modify your vehicle or use it outside its designed limitations, Ford has the right and ability to review and deny warranty claims.
In their review if they determine the tune/modification had no impact on the damaged component, they should replace or repair the part.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't forget guys....If Ford denies your warranty because of a modification. YOU have to prove they owe it to you, and their pockets are far deeper than ours, so you will go broke trying to prove their attorneys wrong....

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it’s deceiving to give people a false sense of security. I’m not a lawyer, but that act was not designed to protect people from modifying vehicles, having a component be stressed beyond the intended use, fail, and then guarantee it would be replaced under the warranty. It was intended to avoid deceptive and misleading warranty practices.
Ford complies with listing stipulations clearly. If you modify your vehicle or use it outside its designed limitations, Ford has the right and ability to review and deny warranty claims.
In their review if they determine the tune/modification had no impact on the damaged component, they should replace or repair the part.
I usually refrain from powertrain tuning because it is the most expensive component to replace.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
Don't forget guys....If Ford denies your warranty because of a modification. YOU have to prove they owe it to you, and their pockets are far deeper than ours, so you will go broke trying to prove their attorneys wrong....

Actually, the law is *they* are the ones with burden of proof. They can't just wave a heavy hand and say "Your mod caused it to fail".
Of course, those conversations all require tact and politicking in order not to get the dealer totally ticked at oneself.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually, the law is *they* are the ones with burden of proof. They can't just wave a heavy hand and say "Your mod caused it to fail".
Of course, those conversations all require tact and politicking in order not to get the dealer totally ticked at oneself.
I've seen or heard about it going that way more often than not.

Also for some makes, expensive warranty repairs like replacing a long block may prompt a factory engineer to come out and inspect the item. That takes control away from the dealer.

blkZ28spt

Reaction score

If you tune your vehicle, and the powertrain fails, that's a slam dunk.

just sayin

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10R80 warranty is the first to be voided from my understanding. Max input torque is 590 lb ft per design.