Tuning the ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ll be doing the same thing, just read all these comments he’s left in a 4th gen EB thread about tuning while he’s got a truck 21 years old lol
Still better than being a troll 16 plati or wildflowergirl whatever you are and opening multiple accounts and acting like two different people. That is just totaly pathetic and sad.

Team_Z

Reaction score
Same here, I've been very hesitant to do this. From everything I've read, Ford is extremely picky about aftermarket addons let alone tunes. There is literally a service guide written by ford telling techs how to look for mods and tunes, and what issues they can say are caused by said mods, even if they have nothing to do with it.

Many of my previous vehicles were Acura's (that I raced and put turbo's on), and Jeep's (the 5.2L and 5.7L Hemis). Never once had an issue with tunes and warranty services, including extended warranties on any of them. Actually, I take that back, the terrible AutoNation I went to one time with my most recent Jeep tried to blame a tune, but I took it to another dealer and they laughed at that diagnosis.

This thing has me very nervous, knowing that it actually counts modifications and records them as non-volatile changes (meaning they are never erased).
As a previous service manager for Ford, there is definitely a way around this. Hell, I over tuned my last eco boost and still had an engine done under warranty. There are definitely ways to hide it. If anyone has issues feel free to PM me

Silver-Bullet-Bus

Reaction score
If you are looking just for performance & do not need any mods for towing performance and or additional cooling for towing, then the first place I would spend my money would be on a tuner & tunes. The MPT tuning team is the best there is out there! Very spot-on out tunes right of the gate, very responsive with phone & email support, unlike some others I have used previously, that can sell you mod parts all day, but then you can’t hardly get a hold of them to correct & fix their lousy tunes. Mike, the head tuner is amazing with his tuning skills on these Ford EB motors. Would not hesitate to recommend MPT tuning in Florida.

…& yes I am a paying customer & no, I am not related & no I have not received any remuneration in any way to say this.