Turbo and throttle body replaced now bad MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my truck is running like a champ with the new turbo and throttle body but my mileage has gone down noticeably. I’m not taking the truck back to this shop because they honestly capture vehicles and don’t let them go for a long time. 9 days was a long time to be without my truck. So I’m wondering if there’s some sort of ECM relearn process or if a 5 star tune might sort out what might be causing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m in the Midwest and have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new.

The fuel mileage always drops in winter for this vehicle, and my other ones.

I see you live in Michigan - are you factoring in the cold winter weather regarding your mileage?

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
So my truck is running like a champ with the new turbo and throttle body but my mileage has gone down noticeably. I’m not taking the truck back to this shop because they honestly capture vehicles and don’t let them go for a long time. 9 days was a long time to be without my truck. So I’m wondering if there’s some sort of ECM relearn process or if a 5 star tune might sort out what might be causing this?

I would give it a couple weeks before doing anything. I'm sure they had the battery disconnected for a while so it may take some time for the fuel trims to relearn after a battery disconnect.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m in florida. Temps in the 70s. I like the advice to give the system time to relearn. I’ll give it some time...