Turn off Hands-Free Tailgate via Forscan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every time I walk up to the rear of my 2018 Expy the damn Hands-Free Tailgate opens the tailgate. Driving me nuts! Is there a way to turn this off via Forscan?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A
Every time I walk up to the rear of my 2018 Expy the damn Hands-Free Tailgate opens the tailgate. Driving me nuts! Is there a way to turn this off via Forscan?

Not sure about Forscan - but there was recent post on this forum on how to disconnect the sensor underneath the rear bumper (with pictures). You may want to do a search?

mhExped

Reaction score
Your mileage may vary, but the TSB did not resolve the issue for me. I ultimately followed the advice of others and disconnected the sensor/antenna.

Some helpful info can be found in this thread: https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/hands-free-liftgate-madness.42316/

A search on the forums will turn up additional help regarding the disconnect procedure, I'm sure. Good luck.

Johnathan M

Reaction score
Sounds like it’s a different feature, but on my 2013, you can turn off the motorized rear hatch in the dash settings. No need for FORScan. Mine doesn’t have and auto open feature, but in the dash settings, I can chose whether I want to enable or disable the motorized (may not be the right term) opening of the hatch.

Goclmbmnt

Reaction score

That foot activation is the worst. I just did this a couple of weeks ago. It’s pretty easy to simply unplug the sensor. This is the best mod I’ve made on the truck!