TWO YEAR REVIEW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Maxine the Max

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear some good news about the vehicles! Sometimes reading these forums really scares me somewhat, but that's because most of the time people only come onto these forums when they have a problem.
I hear you. When we first got Maxine and I found this forum, I would be almost nauseated, reading all the bad things. You are right, most folks only share their woes. But it's not all doom and gloom.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great news about your girl. Congrats! Mine (The Big Girl) just got a bath yesterday for the first time in months. I forgot how beautiful this thing is clean. Yes, it needs a good clay and wax. We're building a new home and the street isn't paved yet. Just dirt and mud right now. Maybe this summer when things clam down I'll get out my cleaning supplies.

I've really kicked around buying something new, but I can't find anything I really like as much. Looking at my 5 1/2 YO truck with 57,000 miles, I think I'm keeping the Big Girl. Shows no real signs of wear. A few chips, interior is like new, almost no wear. She just needs new tires which I think I'll be doing in a few weeks.

At times this forum scares me too. Bottom line, it's almost the best vehicle I've ever owned...period. I will be extending my extended come November. I won't keep it without a warranty.

Bailey

Reaction score
107000 on mine, named Larry. No issues except for some Sync 3 stuff. But the latest update (last October) seems to have fixed that.

OP
OP
Maxine the Max

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great news about your girl. Congrats! Mine (The Big Girl) just got a bath yesterday for the first time in months. I forgot how beautiful this thing is clean. Yes, it needs a good clay and wax. We're building a new home and the street isn't paved yet. Just dirt and mud right now. Maybe this summer when things clam down I'll get out my cleaning supplies.

I've really kicked around buying something new, but I can't find anything I really like as much. Looking at my 5 1/2 YO truck with 57,000 miles, I think I'm keeping the Big Girl. Shows no real signs of wear. A few chips, interior is like new, almost no wear. She just needs new tires which I think I'll be doing in a few weeks.

At times this forum scares me too. Bottom line, it's almost the best vehicle I've ever owned...period. I will be extending my extended come November. I won't keep it without a warranty.
Yes, I agree best vehicle I've ever owned! I'll drive her until she's tired. We are building a house this year too. But we live on a farm so it's always mud and dirt. ;) Our kids are the 6th generation to live on this land.

OP
OP
Maxine the Max

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
107000 on mine, named Larry. No issues except for some Sync 3 stuff. But the latest update (last October) seems to have fixed that.
People that name their cars are my kind of people. :) I have a glitch once in a while with the Bluetooth when someone calls. The radio sometimes won't come back up after the call ends.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just traded in my 2017 Limited on a 2023 Limited SPP. My '17 was up to 150 k miles with only a left front wheel bearing go out ($1,500 fix) at 125 k miles. Other than that, it was a reliable and pleasurable vehicle. Changed oil at 7,500-10,000 mile intervals and still plenty of acceleration thrill. It had many offroad miles on it since it was used as a geologic exploration vehicle. It was amazing off road!!

Reading the problematic posts does scare you, but it is always good to see what to look out for. IMHO, the expedition is the best all-around best SUV you can have.

ryanpe

Reaction score
I have 2021 Limited and just turned 56k w/26k towing a 6000# TT. It's been rock solid and we too love it.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our kids are the 6th generation to live on this land.
That's awesome and a great story! We have family in "upstate PA" who are third gen farmers. Sadly, the fourth gen doesn't really care about farming, so not sure what's going to happen there.

Rivisio

Reaction score
Wow, you guys drive lots. My 2020 only has 40k km or 25k miles.
I've been quite happy with mine. Had a problem with start/stop not turning car back on, and a passenger door that wouldn't lock. However that's it.