Under hood heat shield or insulation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sulatek

Reaction score
This is a truck forum not a political forum. Please act accordingly.
Just in case you didn't realize this is a warning to stop with the political posts.

@JUST4FUN
We have nothing to do with politics here

We are here talking about a fact
If you are a fan of gagging mouths
And that this satisfies the management of the forum
So ask them to tell me to leave quietly
You are here threatening me!!

This is the style of those who do not want to fix things

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We have nothing to do with politics here
Correct. All but your last few posts.
You are here threatening me!!
Nope, just telling you the terms you agreed to when you signed up. (you can see them by clicking the terms and rules bottom right of any page on the forum)

Go elsewhere to spread your political views. You can start your own forum and do what you want, try other forums or you can talk about your Expedition here all you want.
No threat, just fact.

This is your second warning, please stop.

FACT: Politics would ruin every single thread with pages and pages of political rhetoric instead of information about expeditions.(why politics stopped here in the first place) The members of this forum come from all walks of life and have been getting along just fine. But that would not be the case if you insert politics.
If you are a fan of gagging mouths
And that this satisfies the management of the forum
So I will not be responding to your threat, but instead ask that you keep politics out of this forum.
If you have a problem with me, feel free to direct message any Admin and voice your opinion.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FACT: Politics would ruin every single thread with pages and pages of political rhetoric instead of information about expeditions.(why politics stopped here in the first place) The members of this forum come from all walks of life and have been getting along just fine. But that would not be the case if you insert politics.
ScreenSnapz093.jpg

An obvious reality of any online venue, but nice of you to patiently explain it.

Last edited:

sulatek

Reaction score
Correct. All but your last few posts.

Nope, just telling you the terms you agreed to when you signed up. (you can see them by clicking the terms and rules bottom right of any page on the forum)

Go elsewhere to spread your political views. You can start your own forum and do what you want, try other forums or you can talk about your Expedition here all you want.
No threat, just fact.

This is your second warning, please stop.

So I will not be responding to your threat, but instead ask that you keep politics out of this forum.
If you have a problem with me, feel free to direct message any Admin and voice your opinion.
Well Well
I will leave this forum for you to review the powers granted to you to curb those who say the word of truth.
I do not want a debate with those who cannot differentiate between the word of truth and politics
You have a lack of understanding
I am 66 years old, and I know that the word should be said where it should be
You cannot, neither you nor anyone else, block the sun's rays with your fingers
Ford itself manufactures important parts in JapanNothing wrong with that
Perhaps you have forgotten or forgotten that this iPhone, of which Apple is proud, did not make a copy of it in America
But all in China
Your problem is narrow minded
So I'm leaving this forum to gain peaceAnd I leave you your voice, dog, "as you called yourself"

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will leave this forum for you to review the powers granted to you to curb those who say the word of truth.

American corporations are self-destructing
Truth or not, what you seem to fail to realize is this forum is not your soap box.

Your problem is narrow minded
Sure are when it comes to someone from Saudi Arabia telling me about American problems. I mean can you even talk about your country's big companies and government publicly without getting beheaded?
Rhetorical Question
That means no need to hear from the hypocrite again.
I wish you well on your future journeys.
So I'm leaving this forum to gain peaceAnd
create chaos everywhere else?

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I may not agree with Ford but they have the right to remove items they deem may not be needed to lower the cost. We do not know their supply chain figures maybe things have gone way up out of their control and some engineers looked at the padding on the hood and deemed it was not necessary for the non HO engines.
No where on the window sticker does it say you purchased hood padding. And maybe its not needed, we are not Ford engineers.

I may not agree with Ford on things like this but maybe they have a valid reason.

Seems there is a lot of people who come on this site and just complain and complain about every little thing and it gets old.
People say "my speaker grill is lifted by 1mm". "This is a 85k car and we should have quality".

Yes we should have quality in everything but its not a 85K car. Its a 55K SUV with options.
A 5K KIA with a 80K sound system is not a 85K vehicle.

I agree lets call out the big defects and ask questions on this forum like this one about the hood padding.
But lets not go bezerk and scream lemon, ford sucks or march to the dealer and demand your hood padding.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score

For anyone looking to complete the build of their brand new $80,000 2023 Expedition that the factory most likely Forgot to install due to Fords awesome quality inspections or Ford part cost cutting and neglected to inform the buyer of parts purposely left of the vehicle.... You can buy this online or go to the dealer you ordered your $80,000 truck from and demand the hood saving insulation is installed.

OP
OP
NotMyPorsche

NotMyPorsche

Reaction score
Whoa... this thread got out of control quickly! I was really just looking to see if my car should have the under hood insulation. From what I've read, it doesn't seem like it was supposed to be there in the first place.
Can anyone confirm whether their 2023 Expy has the LED lights on the key fob to confirm the remote start was successful (green) or not (red)? Mine doesn't, so want to understand if it's broken or non-existent.
Thanks everyone!