UPDATE: New Ported box 2 12" CVRs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eatmydirt85

Reaction score
Hey guys so it has been awhile, but i'm still bumping. Trashed my old sealed box, and got an R/T Box that is ported, and made for kickers. Fits behind the 3rd row (enough), and is tuned at 40 Hz. Hits pretty hard, but vid doesn't do justice. You can see the rear window flex pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsUjKaNyWVk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did u get the box? 40hz? Is that for cvr or another kicker sub

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
eatmydirt85

eatmydirt85

Reaction score
Prefab, yet the labrynth power port, and the quality, and structure of the box are all very impressing to me. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004RIZG6E/ref=redir_mdp_mobile
Thats the box there. On sale from 70 dollars from 200. Dont get me wrong id never but it for 200, but for the ease of saving time, and having stock everything else (speakers, headunit), i felt it would do the job.

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with prefab boxes at all, I just prefer custom built and tuned boxes made specifically for a particular sub.

OP
OP
eatmydirt85

eatmydirt85

Reaction score
I understand Id rather have that anyways haha. Sadly, due to having no money at all, Im having to sell my subs amp and all that other stuff. GOing back to the old 8" POS, but im gonna replace the speaker there.

Dexter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
40 Hz? That's hardly bass lol. I think anything tuned over 32Hz sounds horrible. That's just me.

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree there. 40hz? i didn't even notice that. i wouldnt even bother with the effort for a box tuned to 40hz... honestly. Mine is tuned at 25hz

Last edited:
OP
OP
eatmydirt85

eatmydirt85

Reaction score
Well whatever it was tuned, the friend I sold it to now has it running on 1500 Watts of RMS power and it slaps pretty good. I sold my expy also.