updated oem radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elighthunter

Reaction score
Just throwing ideas out there. looking to finally update my mach stereo, I already have the mtx stealth box however I want to keep the reciever looking stock. Does anyone know of any oem looking double din (even though mine eb expo is quite a double din)? Or is there a way to modify the newer oem radios with the aux feature? Or I could just go for a aftermarket nav that looks somewhat oem.

tk1971

Reaction score
Looks nice, but I've never heard of Star Products...

New South Wales?

tk

tk1971

Reaction score
Yeah, they're nice and gives a look of "completeness", but with portable nav units going down to $100 (saw a few during black Friday sales), and with most new OEM units playing MP3's already, there really isn't much of a point anymore other than for looks.

My understanding is that getting a new head unit also gets rid of the 2nd row control capability of the system, so that pretty much kills the idea for me.

Back to "Star"... reminds me of that Simpson's episode when they go and get a new TV. The brand names from that outlet store: "A genuine Sorny, Magnetbox, and Panaphonics. But if you really want to watch TV, you want a Carnivale."

tk

OP
OP
E

elighthunter

Reaction score
lol i see your point. lol I just will bring my macbook pro along for the trip for nav and movies. lol just get the 3 way input thing and be done with it

PaisanNYC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if youre still interested, I would check out the Pioneer AVIC-D3. even plays DiVX movies. MSRP is only $999, but can be found cheaper at many places. Much cheaper and a better brand name than the double din linked on the ebay auction above.

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
your expo, im pretty sure, is 1.5 din. so you'd have to get a 1-din stereo unless you did custom work.