Useless “fog lights” on Navigator...options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the fog/driving lights on the navigator are absolutely useless. Turning them on/off produces absolutely no difference in short throw light. They are completely cosmetic in nature.

I’m guessing there is no ability to change these out? What about behind the grill lights...anyone do something like that? Looking for stealth not anything hanging off the the vehicle.

Thanks!

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I definitely noticed a difference with the lights on in moderate fog with my Expedition. Not huge, but the usual lighting up of the sides of the road.

You may want to try a higher power bulb before swapping out the housings.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not stealth, but it is flush mounted. For an Expy, but might be made to fit. The opening in the Nav looks really close to the opening in the Expy on the front lower grill. Maybe even hide a high quality light behind that opening.
94128659ed9d2a1dce378c66bee4dbb7.jpg
a3b96fda66eead15ec104ef00bfb067c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not stealth, but it is flush mounted. For an Expy, but might be made to fit. The opening in the Nav looks really close to the opening in the Expy on the front lower grill. Maybe even hide a high quality light behind that opening.
94128659ed9d2a1dce378c66bee4dbb7.jpg
a3b96fda66eead15ec104ef00bfb067c.jpg

I like it but I have a front mounted license plate unfortunately. Thanks

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I definitely noticed a difference with the lights on in moderate fog with my Expedition. Not huge, but the usual lighting up of the sides of the road.

You may want to try a higher power bulb before swapping out the housings.

Yeah the Navi are just a few leds in a row. It’s not something that can be swapped out unfortunately.

The navigator (not sure about expy) has active lighting which does a great job at lower speeds really lights up the road and surroundings well. When you turn the wheel left it illuminates to the left of the car and same with right. Pretty cool. But I’d like something brighter for straight ahead since my fogs are so lame.