VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a long time Ford vehicle owner. I purchased my first Ford in 1969 and have owned more than a dozen since.
With that said, I purchased a new Ford Explorer in 2021. The purchase, because of the dealer, was not pleasant.
I never got any information about Ford Pass, points, etc. or even shown about the vehicle.
Last week I purchased a 2019 Certified Pre-owned Ford Expedition Platinum. What a nice vehicle.
With that sale everything was great. They showed me all the features of the vehicle and told me about the Ford Pass apps and all the benefits it offers.
That's when I heard about point, as I received a bunch for the latest purchase.
So, I set it up and added the 2 vehicles. The Expedition showed 22,000 points available, and the Explorer showed 44,000 expired points because of no activity for 2 years.
I contacted Ford and they told me there was nothing they could do about it. I explained that this was the first I heard about the points and the rep explained he was sorry.
I feel this is very bad business practice. so now I'm on a rant about it. I'm not letting this go and will continue to contact the media, Ford's Public Relations Department and other forums.
I felt I should share my experience because the public needs to be aware of this.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If my memory is correct the points expire after one year if not used. I can certainly understand your frustration at the situation but the good news is your post may alert others to use their points before they expire. I hope someone is able to help you find a way to get those points restored..... Good luck.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was in a similar situation. After multiple calls and escalations they told me to basically pound sand.

You may want to try the local DPSM but don't set your expectations too high.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Mr Big

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea Ford is VERY PETTY these days. I'm not giving up. Blows me away that they have tons of us that they purposely make unhappy, after spending a ridiculous amount of money on a vehicle. In the end it's their public relations department that gets hurt. I've owned all fords since the 60s and this is the thanks I get.

GGecko311

Reaction score
I did not have a good buying experience with mine.

(Aside from the vehicle breaking down in my driveway when I got it home from an electrical issue and pulling teeth trying to get the dealership to send a tow truck and get me a loaner) Also, a lot of my interior panels, and console were scratched while in production, tailgate pretty bad so I requested replacements to which they replied "yeah unfortunately theres nothing we can do there, Ford won't send us replacements for cosmetics, it is what it is".

When I picked up my 23 EXP, my salesman did not show me anything, nor did he mention the app at all. Actually he said "make sure you look out for the email for Ford and give us that 5-star review!!"

The only reason I discovered the app was when my vehicle was in production, Ford sent me the email, so I downloaded it. I just looked in my app and have 43,000 points. I assume I use these at the dealership to redeem for oil changes? First I've heard of the points.

Robert Herrera

Reaction score
As a long time Ford customer (4 Expeditions and a Navigator), I too have watched them slowly drift away from caring about the customer experience. Our first Expedition included an unexpected but pleasant gift of some folding director's style chairs a few weeks after we took home our new 1998. Fast forward to our 2008 Navigator, they repaired a rusting tailgate (factory defect caught some steel "dust" between paint and aluminum and created pretty bad rusting). 1 year after the warranty expired, it came back. They said dealer needed to repair. Dealer states, we don't do business with body shop that did the work. Escalated and escalated the issue with Ford until they basically told me I was SOL. The Ford rust through warranty is less than a Hyundai... SAD. My Navi is still going strong, honeslty been a great truck other than the rust. However between the bad taste left in my mouth from that last dealer interaction, forced turbo V6 power, and what I read on this forum in terms of quality, I am looking at a slighly used QX80 as a replacement vehicle. Gives me increased tow capacity, real V8, and hopefully improved quality. I think new Expedition and Navi are hands down better looking, but I will not spend luxury car money for their crap service/support.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire