Volume Knob hard to turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmiller86

Reaction score
Hi all,
Purchased a used 2019 and noticed the volume control knob on the stereo is very hard to turn to adjust the volume up or down. Anyone experienced this or have an easy fix? I’m trying to avoid bringing it back to the dealer.

Thanks!

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all,
Purchased a used 2019 and noticed the volume control knob on the stereo is very hard to turn to adjust the volume up or down. Anyone experienced this or have an easy fix? I’m trying to avoid bringing it back to the dealer.

Thanks!

Is it possible that the volume knob was bumped prior to your purchase, causing it to push against the head unit and causing it to rub (and hard to turn)?

Perhaps GENTLY try to pull it forward slightly? I know the volume and tuning knobs on my 2015 Expedition Limited (Bose system) are removable.

OP
OP
M

mmiller86

Reaction score
Thanks - after closer look it looks like the knob has been pushed in as suggested. I need to take some time and try to pull it out a bit, might be making a trip back to the dealer though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65