Walboro 255 Fuel pumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had these before, and have never had this problem..

Started my car sunday, it ran fine no issues.. Well I came down with the damn flu, I didn't move, thursday went out and was going to crank it, I noticed my pump didnt prime, so I thought my battery was dead..

Brought it in and charged it over night, this morning I put the the battery in, and I hit the key soon as it hit the "ON" click, the pump came alive, started fine, car ran good for 10 minutes as soon as I shut the hood and started to walk away car just died..

Turned the key off, and back on, there was no pump... Now for the fun part, after playing for 20 minutes in the cold.. I turned the key to "ON" and after 60 seconds pump primed, but will not engage.. Than finally the pump engaged fully, and started, but the car only will run for about 2 maybe 3 minutes before it dies..

Is the pump failing? or am I looking at something else?

OP
OP
Exia

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Filter yes.. but pump and relay no.. It has been sitting for a year.. But never had a 255 do this before.. normally they give a sign, before crashing out.. This one, not so much