warranty worth it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtshudak11

Reaction score
I have a new to us 2016 limited EL with 133000 miles. After having the transmission rebuilt and turbos replaced plus all the maintenance updated. I am looking at warranties to help cover anymore expenses. I am looking at endurance and car shield. has anybody had good luck with either or is it even worth it at this point. Side note I knew the vehicle had some issues and made a low ball offer not expecting it to be taken, thankfully my wife really likes it so i’m not in the dog house.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I doubt you'll find a worthwhile warranty that will cover it much longer. Probably better off sacking away some coin for major repairs. The six speed transmissions are usually reliable. Any idea why yours failed?

Longtalltechsan

Reaction score
Transmission already needed to be rebuilt? Damn Im right at that mileage. I hope that’s a fluke.

OP
OP
J

jtshudak11

Reaction score
I doubt you'll find a worthwhile warranty that will cover it much longer. Probably better off sacking away some coin for major repairs. The six speed transmissions are usually reliable. Any idea why yours failed?
I got it from a local camper dealer. Best guess is the Last owner pulled a camper without turning the overdrive off.

Flight-ER-Doc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a new to us 2016 limited EL with 133000 miles. After having the transmission rebuilt and turbos replaced plus all the maintenance updated. I am looking at warranties to help cover anymore expenses. I am looking at endurance and car shield. has anybody had good luck with either or is it even worth it at this point. Side note I knew the vehicle had some issues and made a low ball offer not expecting it to be taken, thankfully my wife really likes it so i’m not in the dog house.

I had the factory extended warranty, used it to great effect. Then it expired, and I made the mistake of getting one - car shield? They're all a scam.

I had a transmission cooler hose blow out. And had to have the ATB replaced. Neither was covered. So what did I pay more than $2k for?