Washer low light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

My washer low fluid light comes on if I use the washer a few times. It has to be dead full to keep the light off. A guy I work with has a 98 EB and has the same problem. Is this common and is there a fix?

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think everyone has the same problem, but I can get about 1/4 down before it chimes in my '98 EB.

I too have just dealt with it :(

Looking at the schematics I have, the washer chime is a switched signal that goes into the GEM module. If you look at the reservior, you should find a pair of wires that goes into the switch; one being Red w/ Lt Grn stripe and a Black Ground. I think the signal into the GEM has to be pulled low (switch closed) to satisfy the unit.

I bet you can simply pull the quick connect to the switch and put a jumper in it to kill this annoying convenience once and for all.:p

1999xlt

Reaction score
Inside the tank , there is a small float. All you do is lift it to the hishest point and superglue it. The only down side is you never know your fluid level for sure.

NoDonut

Reaction score
We had our 2003 EXPY for one week when the washer low light and chime started going off when it was actually full.
I went back to Ford and was advised that the sensor was bad.
They ordered a new assembly and when it came in, they called me and repalced the assembly under warranty in less than one hour.
We havent had one problem with the washer low light and chime since.