Weathertech maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try "Trim Shine". Once you scrub it the trim shine works great at making them look new. I'm not that picky anymore and once I wash them I just hit them with some window cleaner and it looks good enough for me.

RC Fan

Reaction score
I use Mineral oil on mine. It is cheap, and can be found in the digestive section in your local pharmacy.

I mix the oil with water and rub it in well. I usually do two coats.

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
I don't have Weathertech, but I do have the factory all weather rubber mats in both my Expedition & F150. I take them out and scrub them down with a stiff bristle brush rinse and blow them dry. so far, so good.

Apollo02exp

Reaction score
I suggest using Miguires or Mother's Back to Black. Works great on all non painted plastics, vinyl and rubber and even on black metal trim. Both products have UV protection and last for months against rain or washing. Apply just like wax, apply with a microfiber applicator and buff off a microfiber towel.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put Husky mats on top of my WeatherTechs to protect them (and the WeatherTechs protect the carpet, which protects the floorboards. I'm thinking of adding generic rubber floor mats on top of the Huskies for a little better protection. Oh, and ArmorAll on the generics.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put Husky mats on top of my WeatherTechs to protect them (and the WeatherTechs protect the carpet, which protects the floorboards. I'm thinking of adding generic rubber floor mats on top of the Huskies for a little better protection. Oh, and ArmorAll on the generics.
Protection from what, xenomorph blood?!? That’s, like, 4 layers of protection lol

stricnine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have Weathertech, but I do have the factory all weather rubber mats in both my Expedition & F150. I take them out and scrub them down with a stiff bristle brush rinse and blow them dry. so far, so good.

I’m in the sunshine state so the FORD mats are perfect! Wash with brush and soap, blow dry them and back in and they look brand new for years! Their softer material doesn’t show wear like weathertech.