Weathertech maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick Anjel

Reaction score
What product do you use, if any to keep your Weathertech or aftermarket mats black and looking new?

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are in an area where you really need them (snow, slush, dirt, etc) then there’s not much you can do to make them look new. After all, they are designed to protect the carpeting, so something has got to give.

Regular washing with soap and water: take them out and wash them the same time you wash the truck. I recommend not using 303 or armor all, as it tends to make them slippery, but does make them look ‘black’. YMMV.

the weathertech mats I had, after a few years, also developed wear spots.

OP
OP
Rick Anjel

Rick Anjel

Reaction score
If you are in an area where you really need them (snow, slush, dirt, etc) then there’s not much you can do to make them look new. After all, they are designed to protect the carpeting, so something has got to give.

Regular washing with soap and water: take them out and wash them the same time you wash the truck. I recommend not using 303 or armor all, as it tends to make them slippery, but does make them look ‘black’. YMMV.

Thanks for the tip, guess just water & soap should do the job. I was also thinking of using armor all, but as you mention it makes them slippery and dont want that.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found SoftScrub and a coarse hand brush did the best when I had Weathertechs in my Pilot. But even then, they never kept their original bright black look. There were areas, especially where feet were always located, i.e., under gas pedal, where the coloring was worse than other areas.

I went the Husky route this time as I never really like that the Weathertechs never fully went to form along the edges. I always had a tons of sand and small stones under the mats. Did great for wet rain or snow, but really sucked for dirt.

I will be using the SoftScrub on the Husky's so hopefully, I will see a similar result.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score

There are plenty of products that will bring WeatherTech (or any brand) liners and mats back to life even in the harshest of use.

The best I have found (even better than WeatherTech's own) is this by Chemical Guys.
https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guy...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01C6AISUK

Get yourself a nice course bristled brush spray it on and let it soak awhile then scrub away. They look good as new, smell like grape, and are not slippery at all when dry!

OP
OP
Rick Anjel

Rick Anjel

Reaction score
There are plenty of products that will bring WeatherTech (or any brand) liners and mats back to life even in the harshest of use.

The best I have found (even better than WeatherTech's own) is this by Chemical Guys.
https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guy...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01C6AISUK

Get yourself a nice course bristled brush spray it on and let it soak awhile then scrub away. They look good as new, smell like grape, and are not slippery at all when dry!

Great! Will try it!

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mop & Glo. A couple of drops on each mat, spread out with a damp terry cloth. The bottle should literally last for years.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score