Weathertech or Husky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just looked at weathertech yesterday and the 1 pc for 2nd and 3rd row looks like it requires the 2nd row seats to be removed to put in / take out the 1 pc mat. That just seems like way to much hassle to me.

It's 4 big bolts (torx T50 or T55 i think?) per seat, takes <2 minutes with an impact gun

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have Weathertech in the front. I really like them. They fit perfect and snap right into the stock retention features on the driver side. I have them in the 2nd and 3rd row too. I wouldn't spend the money on the 2nd and 3rd row. The issue I have is that the 2nd row one works with a 2nd row bench too. So where the 3rd row and 2nd row meet it's not flat and it looks terrible. Also the 2nd and 3rd row ones don't have anything to secure them down so the kids are constantly tripping on them. I might take some of those black plastic clips and drill holes into the trim around the seat bases to keep them in their places. Also when the kids track wet boots through the car the water puddles up, then they drop their bags on the floor and everything gets soaked. Where as with the stock carpet it would soak in and dry eventually but things thrown on the floor won't get as wet.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have Weathertech in the front. I really like them. They fit perfect and snap right into the stock retention features on the driver side. I have them in the 2nd and 3rd row too. I wouldn't spend the money on the 2nd and 3rd row. The issue I have is that the 2nd row one works with a 2nd row bench too. So where the 3rd row and 2nd row meet it's not flat and it looks terrible. Also the 2nd and 3rd row ones don't have anything to secure them down so the kids are constantly tripping on them. I might take some of those black plastic clips and drill holes into the trim around the seat bases to keep them in their places. Also when the kids track wet boots through the car the water puddles up, then they drop their bags on the floor and everything gets soaked. Where as with the stock carpet it would soak in and dry eventually but things thrown on the floor won't get as wet.

Train offspring to keep backpacks in their laps?

Reaction score
I just looked at weathertech yesterday and the 1 pc for 2nd and 3rd row looks like it requires the 2nd row seats to be removed to put in / take out the 1 pc mat. That just seems like way to much hassle to me.
Is a one piece 2nd and 3rd a new option? That wasn't an option when I bough mine. The 3rd row Weathertech mat of mine requires you to flip/fold/roll the middle bucket seats forward then lay the mat down the put the seats back.

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 4 I'm just lucky to get them all in the car and stay there before we take off.

We have the 5 and 9 year olds in the 3rd row and the 6moth old in the second. The 5 year old constantly feels the need to get out of his seat to check on the baby, or to talk to us, or to show us something, or what ever excuse his little brain can come up with to get out of the seat.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have the 5 and 9 year olds in the 3rd row and the 6moth old in the second. The 5 year old constantly feels the need to get out of his seat to check on the baby, or to talk to us, or to show us something, or what ever excuse his little brain can come up with to get out of the seat.

Doesnt your state require car seats that fully restrain em for a 5yo???

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Doesnt your state require car seats that fully restrain em for a 5yo???

He's in a high back booster with out the harness. He meets the weight and height requirements not to have to use the harness type.