Weathertechs in 2021 Navigator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2021 Navigator with the cappuccino interior (wife’s car now) and we’re going around and around on floor mats. I’ve got the weathertechs in my expedition and couldn’t be happier. After looking at the interior closer, the carpet in the Navi is actually like a coco brown color and not black. My questions are as follows:

1. Weathertech makes a coca color…anyone tried these out? If so, can you post pics? Do they match the rest of the darker brown trim?
2. Other concern she has is that the Weathertechs in the front would cover up the door sill that has the lit up Lincoln logo. Really looks like you could trim that up though (carefully). Any experience here?
3. Rear liner. Has anyone seen a Lincoln equivalent of the folding liner behind the 3rd row that attaches to the back? With the Navigator being shorter (and not the L), we’ll likely have the seats up and down more for space.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a ‘18 Navigator with the Cappuccino interior and a set of weathertechs that I run in the 2nd row and trunk 100% of the time and occasionally in the front when I plan on getting dirty. They match pretty well, I can post some pics tomorrow. My main complaint is they are curling up on the edges, especially in the higher traffic 2nd row.
Yes, it will cover the cool lighted sill, and you can cut that out if you want but I’m not sure how it will look as the mat is designed in such a way to allow for dirt and liquids to run out that side. Again, I’ll post pics so you can see tomorrow. All in all I’m happy with the mats but prefer the carpet in the front because it’s just so much fancier carpeting than any other vehicle I’ve owned. The kids get the second row and they don’t have a choice.

OP
OP
T

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
Artie, that would be awesome if you could post some pics! My wife is concerned the coca will look weird and just wants to go with the black ones. What do you have set up in the cargo area?

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This isn't even close to apples-to-apples but my wife's Aviator has the Roast (Brown) interior, with black carpet. The dealer ordered all-weather floor mats (and an engine block heater we'll never need) so all we needed was a cargo mat. We went with the cocoa color. It's not really a brown-brown color, more of a purplish-black but our mat is small and it covers all of the rear carpet. Your wife might have the better idea of going with black mats.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@TX-EXPMAX here are some pics. Excuse the dirt, I haven’t pressure washed these since our last camping trip. The color match is about as close as you can get with a plastic or rubber mat. The carpet adds a depth which enhances the color, this is impossible to recreate in with plastic

4th pic is second row showing how the corners have curled up a little. I’m not sure what causes this, possibly high temps or swings in temperature. I park in the garage but the second row has stayed installed since March 2018, front row is installed about 30% of the time.

for the cargo area I use the weathertech floor mat. I’ve used the 3rd row seats about a dozen times so I just yank the mat for the rare occasion someone will be back there.

3rd pic shows the door sill and mat. You could trim the mat at that elevated ridge if you wanted to have the lighted sill exposed. However, I’m just not sure you could make it look aesthetically pleasing.

13912D2D-750F-4D2C-BD64-3B77290D95C9.jpeg6474087C-CEC6-4FFF-B189-3C07A83A09F0.jpeg729F1AF2-C0A1-440B-87EE-2A17640B80D8.jpegCCF6D82F-FF77-4432-9FBA-179FDBBF40BC.jpeg8B0465F6-EE22-4E38-AD9E-1473BAE7EE88.jpeg

OP
OP
T

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
Thanks Artie! They look great. Completely agree with you on the trimming. You can certainly do it, but difficult to figure out how you'd taper it off to make it look nice. I think we're gonna order the liner for the 2nd and 3rd rows then get the all weather floor mats (not liners) for the front seats. Like the weathertechs still becuase they color match. Still on the hunt for something for behind the 3rd row. Really want to be able to protect the back of the 3rd row when they're laid down but maintain flexibility of partially laying the 3rd row down. So far, all i've seen is the Ford part number for that mat and it unfortunatley says "Expedition" across it. Lincoln has part nubmers that are different, but can't find a picture, so the search continues!