Weight Distribution Front/Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tried searching the forum for this but couldn’t find it (but learned a lot about weight distribution hitches) for current 2021’s does anyone know the % of vehicle weight over front axle vs rear? Standard length
Also, does anyone try to ballast weight in these to balance the drive out? I don’t personally, but know a lot of pickup drivers who swear it helps with ride comfort.

Jrparne

Reaction score
My 2020 limited max 2020 sits empty with driver and full tank at 3120 front 3220 rear so nearly 5050 split. With our 8000 lb trailer we come in At 4360 on rear axle with full load in car two adults 3-4 kids and canoe on roof. Our front axle sits at 3280. With my equalizer 4 point i put a little more on the front because that is the only way to get to max GVWR on expedition. But I don’t add any more. I am leaving almost 300 lbs on the front axle on the table. This is a limiting factor on the Expy with towing. You can’t get to GVWR on the Expy without adding weight on the front. Just food for thought.