What coolfeature have you discovered recently?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yours doesn’t have ‘Auto Hold’?

Let me clarify...the Expi sorta has it on an incline; if you’re on an incline and you take your foot off the brake, it will hold the vehicle for about 5 seconds but will then release. It’s meant as a towing aid so if you’re on an incline you don’t slip backward in the second or two it takes to get your foot to the gas. If you’re on flat ground in traffic or at a light, and you take your foot off the brake, the vehicle will move forward. And no “AUTO HOLD” pops up on the dash.

So no, no true Auto Hold. Lincoln only.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Reading things like this is just a big negative to me and makes me dislike new cars
I drove a 2019 and 2020 Corolla earlier this month. One had the hold feature you could turn on.
Keeps you from rolling forward if you let foot off brake then as soon as you give it gas it releases.
You can feel it but not too jerky but ridiculous and hot needed.
You keep your foot on brake to not move.
Pretty simple.
They keep adding features like on motorcycles and people are not going to be terrible drivers in normal cars.
What you say... the auto will evolve and all will have the basics so they will never drive old school cars?
Maybe and that is stupid.
We already have a generation of people who couldn't get to the hospital in a manual trans car!!
Next we will have people who would wreck 4 times before getting there in a standard car.

Then there's the 10k-15k cost per car for all this!

I don't want anything to do with newer cars . I want a new 2003-2005 or so. Back when they all had a key you stick in and turn and a keyfob you press the buttons on. A pedal or handle for parking brake, cruise control that could not slow you down downhill, a real and God forbid full size spare tire, and no dinging when I change lanes without a signal due to lane monitoring crap.
I just did 1800 miles in a 2019 Corolla and 760 in a 2020 but the return 760 in an old Lincoln town car.
I enjoyed driving the Lincoln far more that the techno new one.
17 hrs including 2 meals and gas stops.

Red Raider

Reaction score
There is a small ambient light on the front of the console that illuminates the wireless charging station. it stays on 5-10 minutes after all other lights are turned off and the doors locked. At least it does in my 2019 FX4. I didn’t see it mentioned in the owners manual.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a small ambient light on the front of the console that illuminates the wireless charging station. it stays on 5-10 minutes after all other lights are turned off and the doors locked. At least it does in my 2019 FX4. I didn’t see it mentioned in the owners manual.

Yup, 10 minutes, no freaking idea why they would think we need THAT light to stay on for 10 minutes. It's also the only one that doesn't change color with my ambient lighting.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, 10 minutes, no freaking idea why they would think we need THAT light to stay on for 10 minutes. It's also the only one that doesn't change color with my ambient lighting.

I also hate that the light in that area doesn't match the ambient lighting. Honestly, all knobs lights should match the ambient light color selection, IMO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djahmed786