What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Added about 40 oz. of R-134 to get the a/c going again now that we have emerged from the deep freeze. The rear unit had the rhythmic hissing sound, but that is gone now too. I imagine I have a significant leak that will need attention this year unless the stop leak does its job.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What I've heard from a/c shops is not to use that stop leak because it doesn't really work and the a/c shops don't want to work on systems with that crap in it. It's better to just have them diagnose and even just fix it. Sometimes they can go overkill on the replacement recommendations though.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i tell ya my Expy is just like the energizer bunny..keeps racking 250-300 miles a week without asking for more then fuel and washer fluid.

i need to get my snow tires off soon as the roads are dry and wearing away at them daily.

it just rolled over 99k miles the other day :( going to be at 100k soon sadly.

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, I am in the great white north otherwise known as Alberta.

And ohhhh soooo sick of Snow, got another 3 inches of the white crapola over the weekend, and still coming down.

Yay, yet another fine morning I had to scrape the snow and ice off the windows before I could drive to work.

lame

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought the same thing about the stop leak, but it was included in the refrigerant.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What they told me is there's no standard for the stop leak so it can harm and clog your system.

I just bought a halogen detector and traced my own leaks.

larshell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys recently rebuild my tranny. Now looking for the correct oil for my Transfer case as per manual Mercon ATF is recommended but Ford has stop producing it. I was told by the dealeship to use Mercon V for my TC any suggestion and comments. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

My07EL

Reaction score
Bought the spark plugs, lisle tool was delivered yesterday. Will replace them on Friday.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys recently rebuild my tranny. Now looking for the correct oil for my Transfer case as per manual Mercon ATF is recommended but Ford has stop producing it. I was told by the dealeship to use Mercon V for my TC any suggestion and comments. Thanks!

Since it doesn't take a lot of fluid I'd say go with amsoil. You also didn't post your year, but your profile says 01, is that correct? Either the Signature Series Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) (ATFQT) or the OE Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid (OTFQT) should work good. I think the dealership is right, I recall a TSB stating that MERCON V could be used in place of the ATF and I think it states that on the bottles. Just make sure to get something synthetic, it's just better in the long run.

Last edited:

larshell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a 2005 Expedition sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
didnt do anything today. Yesterday I finally found a correct size wheel for my spare.

The PO exchanged the stock ford 16in wheels for the ford 17in wheels. He/she changed all except the spare....so for the last two years my spare has been a different size tire/wheel.
I figured it has been two years and it was only a matter of time until I got a flat.
That problem has been fixed woohoo!