What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2014EL. Noticed I was only 6 miles until empty, so I headed to gas station and put 32.098 gallons of gas in. Almost $100. Need to pay more attention to fuel. The dim and hard to read console display doesn't help ... and never heard any warning beeps? Guess I do have a 32 gallon tank!
You may have been 6 miles until empty, but not 6 miles until walking. You still had about 5 gallons left most likely. A steep grade may have made it sputter but on level ground you were still good. I’m pretty sure my 2017 has a 38 Gallon tank...... I’d think the 2014 has the same? Still you are correct about not pushing your luck and paying more attention. I ran out of gas one time on a joy ride in my Hot Rod muscle car. The good news was I coasted down a hill into a local bar parking lot about 5 miles from home. I called the wife and gave her the “you ain’t gonna believe this but I’m stranded at the bar” story. She brought me a gas can with gas but was skeptical. That thing burns so much fuel that I’ve gotta keep a good eye on it.

Plati

Reaction score
You may have been 6 miles until empty, but not 6 miles until walking. You still had about 5 gallons left most likely. A steep grade may have made it sputter but on level ground you were still good. I’m pretty sure my 2017 has a 38 Gallon tank...... I’d think the 2014 has the same? Still you are correct about not pushing your luck and paying more attention. I ran out of gas one time on a joy ride in my Hot Rod muscle car. The good news was I coasted down a hill into a local bar parking lot about 5 miles from home. I called the wife and gave her the “you ain’t gonna believe this but I’m stranded at the bar” story. She brought me a gas can with gas but was skeptical. That thing burns so much fuel that I’ve gotta keep a good eye on it.
Well ... I have a spec sheet for my year (2014) EL and it says 33.5 gallons so maybe I had almost 2 gallons left? Weird though that the tank empty display lined up with almost exactly 32 gallons. I guess they engineer it to indicate out of fuel with 1.5 gallons still in there? Good thing I guess. I don't plan to test it again!
specs.jpg

Last edited:

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well ... I have a spec sheet for my year (2014) EL and it says 33.5 gallons so maybe I had almost 2 gallons left? Weird though that the tank empty display lined up with almost exactly 32 gallons. I guess they engineer it to indicate out of fuel with 1.5 gallons still in there? Good thing I guess. I don't plan to test it again!
View attachment 42379
Wow....thanks for the education! I just checked my owners manual and it shows 33.5 gallons also for the EL. I don’t know how I got the 38 gallon tank stuck in my head other than that’s what my cutaway E350 utility van holds. For some reason I thought my Expedition held the same amount. I have never really payed much attention at the pumps before doing the math “vs” gauge thing. Thanks for the wake up call. Maybe I should check my van manual now? I remember reading something about the van had a 38 gallon tank and the fill hose actually held another gallon. Maybe that was literature from the company that made the utility body “Reading Body”. After all they hooked up their filler neck and hose to their body.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced the vacuum check valve right before the iwe solenoid. Now my vacuum holds steady when tested on the output of the solenoid instead of varying with engine RPM. Should take care of the issues I was having.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve ridden in the back of a newer rav4 and an Equinox this week, what sh*t boxes lol. Literally piles of dog sh*t of a vehicle. Idk how anyone could live with or ride in those let alone drive them every day. No power, no torque, no legroom, terrible finishes, terrible stereos, ride like a crappy Cobalt, loud road noise. Holy cow! I guess the Expedition has really spoiled me. Just posted to remind you of how good we have it LOL. It’s like these manufacturers only take us full size buyers seriously until you get into luxury brands. We are very spoiled.

Last edited:

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced power mirror switch on ole blue today. Original was down and out inoperative.
Aftermarket easy fix pop out and in. Works great. $10.98 Amazon.

Attachments

• mirsw.jpg
    mirsw.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 3