What feature....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So today I was pulling up to a drive thru and turned my radio down with the volume knob as usual...then remembered there is a dedicated mute button right next to the volume knob. I NEVER use that button, but always think “next time”. I don’t use the steering wheel controls that much for that matter...having owned Grand Cherokees since 2006 or so until this 2019 Expedition I’m used to the controls being on the back of the steering wheel, so it’s not “natural” to me to reach for the front of the wheel...

So...what feature(s) do you you have, but never use, and why?

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never use the “park-o-matic” or whatever the self park feature is called. Also never put heated seats on “auto”.

I wish I could trade those two “features” for the ability to scroll through all my preset stations and sync front/rear climate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never use voice control features in vehicles, prefer buttons.

I use hands free carplay voice control all the time (“hey Siri (to wake) play this album/song” “call this restaurant” “navigate to this place” “send a text to this person” etc) but sync? Useless.

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah yes, I have not once ever used the park assist. Wife’s Lincoln also has it and we’ve never used it there either! Seems like a solution to something that isn’t much of a problem...

Agreed. I’d much rather have the ability to remotely move the car forward or backwards a few feet. Would be good getting into tight garages, backing up to a trailer and that sort of thing. Still completely unnecessary though

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never use voice control features in vehicles, prefer buttons.
I haven’t used it much either but during a wild fire evacuation/ scramble to get a 99yr old family member I discovered, I could manage multiple callers, and sources of incoming info while hustling/driving in poor conditions. For sure changed my mind on the voice control stuff. It does take some practice to get good using it but when given no other choice I found it’s actually pretty dang good

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah yes, I have not once ever used the park assist. Wife’s Lincoln also has it and we’ve never used it there either! Seems like a solution to something that isn’t much of a problem...

I toured Europe couple of years ago in a VW passenger van... Try to parallel park a full passenger van in downtown Rome or Paris and you will definitely use the the park assist feature. Same can be said for New York City or Los Angles downtown :)

RussD89

Reaction score
Lol, I'm actually good with never going those places, much less trying to drive there.

I never open the pano roof. I'm good with the glass (even like the extra light sometimes), but I've had a couple vehicles with openable roofs and after the first drive or 2 with them, i never opened them again.

OP
OP
MxRacer965

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol, I'm actually good with never going those places, much less trying to drive there.

I never open the pano roof. I'm good with the glass (even like the extra light sometimes), but I've had a couple vehicles with openable roofs and after the first drive or 2 with them, i never opened them again.
Ditto on LA and NY - if I never have to go to either one again I wouldn’t miss them. My hobbies, life, and viewpoints on things don’t align with either area. If I never set foot in the East or West coasts ever again for that matter I’d be fine with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360