What feature....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shutterbug57

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t use:
- Auto Start/Stop (installed the Eliminator)
- Auto high beams (they only come on sometimes and they are unpredictable, annoying)
- Lane Departure/Assist (more annoying than helpful)
- Manual shifting (the CC holds speeds downhill without me having to monkey with the gears.)
- The trailer steer knob ( that is what the steering wheel is for and I don’t have to waste time with sticker setup.)
- Eco mode.

OP
OP
MxRacer965

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t use:
- Auto Start/Stop (installed the Eliminator)
- Auto high beams (they only come on sometimes and they are unpredictable, annoying)
- Lane Departure/Assist (more annoying than helpful)
- Manual shifting (the CC holds speeds downhill without me having to monkey with the gears.)
- The trailer steer knob ( that is what the steering wheel is for and I don’t have to waste time with sticker setup.)
- Eco mode.
Ah yes, I have the Start/Stop eliminator as well and leave lane departure warning off. I haven’t towed a trailer yet so haven’t had a need for the assistance stuff. I haven’t had a need to manually shift...

I actually just used Eco for a bit last night. Ever since I tuned my vehicle I haven’t been seeing the same MPG (lower). So I tried eco for a bit just to see what the results would be.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1. the start stop

2. the auto headlights / auto wipers. (because just maybe I dont want to see right now, ok?)

3: the hands free liftgate.

not because i don't WANT to sometimes... instead its because i can never get it to work, at least not intentionally. of course it works absolutely flawlessly i'm loading something heavy in and need to widen my stance while struggling with it, and somehow that creates the exactly perfect foot travel trajectory that seems impossible to ever repeat (intentionally), sending the door down on my head, or better yet my top hand keeping the heavy thing from falling on my other foot. but thats another thread or two already kicked to death.

and of course this has me thinking about what features i love... maybe it's worth doing a sister thread to this - What feature... do you love so much you couldn't live without it?

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We use door openers, ignition switch, cruise control, turn signal. The needs for normal operation. I could do without turn signal and cruise control, but.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
1. the start stop

2. the auto headlights / auto wipers. (because just maybe I dont want to see right now, ok?)

3: the hands free liftgate.

not because i don't WANT to sometimes... instead its because i can never get it to work, at least not intentionally. of course it works absolutely flawlessly i'm loading something heavy in and need to widen my stance while struggling with it, and somehow that creates the exactly perfect foot travel trajectory that seems impossible to ever repeat (intentionally), sending the door down on my head, or better yet my top hand keeping the heavy thing from falling on my other foot. but thats another thread or two already kicked to death.

There has to be a easy way to put a aftermarket switch on the inside that you can cut off the tailgate when up for loading. Could it be that simple of a fix? Would it be worth it to look into something like this?

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There has to be a easy way to put a aftermarket switch on the inside that you can cut off the tailgate when up for loading. Could it be that simple of a fix? Would it be worth it to look into something like this?

there “should” be the option to have the sensor “open only”. i mean, aren’t ones hands usually free when the stuff is loaded already???? i should be able to disengage the “crush the head/hand” feature.

Grizguy

Reaction score
for me,, It is more about stupid features.. Auto motor stop.. I am VERY sure the cost of replacing the starter will greatly pass any gas this "feature" saves. The eco drive mode actually saves gas.. But EVERY TIME I restart the car, it is necessary to turn the knob back to ECO. Even a cheap kids toy can remember the last mode it was in when turned off and turned back on. Oh.. And don't expect to push the auto stop feature and the drive mode within seconds of each other..

FoMoCo_Stealth

Reaction score
I live in South Florida, so as you can imagine I never use the heated stuff. No seats, no steering wheel, no defrosters, nothing.

Surprisingly I don't really use the cooled seats either.

Oh and the global open/close windows from the key fob, I never use that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65