Votes: 41 45.1%
  • I siphon gas from the neighbor

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I actually drive a Prius

• 100+ Racing Gas

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This thread has gone off the rails.

Let’s see if we can get it back on and sum up a few things. All of the statements below refer to and EB equipped Expedition including 15-17(1st Gen 3.5TT), and 18+(2nd Gen 3.5TT).

Power 93 vs 87
1. They will run off 87 Octane just fine.
2. Ford Power Ratings are based off “Premium Fuel”(No Octane is mentioned)
3. Manual recommends to use 91+ when Towing
4. The EB Motors generate more power even on Stock tuning using 93 vs 87, documented by Car & Driver and Data Logging!

MPG 93 vs 87
Many including myself saw improvements in over all MPG switching to 93. Almost enough for me to completely compensate for the cost increase. You have to do the numbers to make this call yourself. You have a company vehicle and they pay for fuel, no brainer. Your Premium is 93 and only $0.40 different, probably worth it. Your Premium is 91, and $0.80 more, probably not. Do the Math.

Ethanol Content
1. Ford does not recommend more than E15.
2. I and others have added several gallons of E85 to a full tank(E20ish) with out any obvious negatives and improved seat of the pants performance.
3. MANY people are running Higher E Contents(E30, E50, E70, and E85) in modern EB motors with NO change to fuel lines and seals, and ZERO negative affects.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That youboob video is fake. It's been in the Expedition Forum before. $2500 in 'mods' and using E50. The guy even shows the capless fill that says E15.
jesus what is wrong with you!?!?!?!?!!? go buy a new chevy, get your tried and true V8 and get over the expedition. you are to dense to understand how forced induction motors work and what octane and tuning can do to one vs naturally aspirated.

you know people said the same shit 100 yrs ago when the v8 came out!! LOL, this will never work, they wont last as long, they are more complicated, wah wah wah, give me my tried and true inline motor. LOL

OP
OP
armoredsaint

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nww.gif