What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nautique220

Reaction score
ccb62c413227c30d63d7478707ce1230.jpg
Put a hood stripe on to see if I like it. I want to put the stealth grill on and leave the chrome rings. Maybe, maybe not. Can’t decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d say it Looks pretty good.

Blacked out accents would make it stand out even more.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Painted the calipers red this weekend. Was quite a pain, literally! Rolling and contorting on a cement floor all weekend was not enjoyable! Haha would have been SO much nicer to remove the calipers and do it on a work bench (not to mention a much better job!) , but I'm not mechanically inclined enough to do it myself. As it is the wife is asking "well did you torque them properly, I don't want a wheel falling off" haha, could only imagine how nervous she'd be if I took all the brakes off (insurance policy paid up . . . check! Haha)! Don't have any nice clean sunny pics since it was - 20C, -28C with the wind chill this weekend! And my inlaws garage has florescent lights which suck! Anyway, here are some pictures of the process,

Wheels off ready to get started
20191108_211124.jpg

Get some masking on to try and keep it clean (unsuccessfully)
20191109_160740.jpg

Before the masking was the cleaner / degreaser, then the metal prep (kind of an etching)

Coat of rust preventative
20191109_183616.jpg

The red finished product
20191110_154752.jpg

And a shot with the winter wheels on
20191111_191605.jpg

Supposed to warm up here a bit so finally should be able to get her washed up!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Painted the calipers red this weekend. Was quite a pain, literally! Rolling and contorting on a cement floor all weekend was not enjoyable! Haha would have been SO much nicer to remove the calipers and do it on a work bench (not to mention a much better job!) , but I'm not mechanically inclined enough to do it myself. As it is the wife is asking "well did you torque them properly, I don't want a wheel falling off" haha, could only imagine how nervous she'd be if I took all the brakes off (insurance policy paid up . . . check! Haha)! Don't have any nice clean sunny pics since it was - 20C, -28C with the wind chill this weekend! And my inlaws garage has florescent lights which suck! Anyway, here are some pictures of the process,

Wheels off ready to get started
View attachment 33153

Get some masking on to try and keep it clean (unsuccessfully)
View attachment 33154

Before the masking was the cleaner / degreaser, then the metal prep (kind of an etching)

Coat of rust preventative
View attachment 33155

The red finished product
View attachment 33156

And a shot with the winter wheels on
View attachment 33157

Supposed to warm up here a bit so finally should be able to get her washed up!
Looks really sharp! I always figured you’d need to disassemble and spray paint so I haven’t fooled with it.... I don’t know why I didn’t think about using a brush. I may do this now.

RaginCajun87

Reaction score
Installed the weathertech floor liners in all 3 rows, also installed the weathertech splash guards front and rear. Very easy to install and fit like factory. I added an extra push pin on the inside for extra strength. Only had to drill one hole on each one, super simple.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Doug Morgan

Reaction score
When I installed my Weathertech flaps I drilled a hole towards the inside through the fender liner. Then installed stainless fender washers and fasteners to stop them from flopping around. Much more secure now.