What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaffer9

Full Access Members
Reaction score
20200701_135001.jpg
Finally got the new tires on. 285/70 R18 (~34") on stock FX4 wheels with no lift right now. Just drove it home so far, but no rub on the driveway tests (forwards and backwards full lock). Will see if there is any rub as we go, to decide if the bilsteins should go on right now or not.

Last edited:

Craigga542

Reaction score
Got the Canvas Back liners in, tinted the headlights, turn signals and fogs. Then put another 1600mi road trip under her belt...

View attachment 36753

View attachment 36754

View attachment 36755

Is this your first set? I thought about getting some over the weather tech but my concern is the effect on the carpet. These attach by industrial type Velcro correct? Wouldn’t taking them on and off fray the carpet fairly bad or does the carpet hold up well?

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you plan on removing them often this probably isn't the route for you. They are designed to be more of an install and leave base layer. I have had them in my wagon for about a year and a half and they have been great, carpet still looks new and almost completely pet hair free. The best part is you don't really need to remove them for normal use. Pet hair, dirt etc just wipes away. You could always put a tray type on top if you do a lot of dirt/snow/water hauling that needs to be contained, but I don't really need that for my use.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the Canvas Back liners in, tinted the headlights, turn signals and fogs. Then put another 1600mi road trip under her belt...

View attachment 36753

How does the center back portion do with the Captain chairs? Any chance you can post a close up of that part of the setup?

I’m considering this route with mine in order to try and confine the dogs to the back. Not really wanting the metal “cage” divider that I have seen out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 36806
Finally got the new tires on. 285/70 R18 (~34") on stock FX4 wheels with no lift right now. Just drove it home so far, but no rub on the driveway tests (forwards and backwards full lock). Will see if there is any rub as we go, to decide if the bilsteins should go on right now or not.

Does the FX4 have a different stock stance than one with the CCD suspension?

Those tires look really nice in the wheel wells, especially with no rubbing.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no pics but did just install the Mishimoto sleek silver intercooler. Overall pretty easy, only issue is that the 2019 expy air damn for the intercooler isn't separable like the instructions and videos show, so I had to cut the damn where the flexible rubber becomes hard plastic. No biggie, also had a dumb issue where the clamp screws on the hot sides were left in terrible places, hard to get to.

So far it's nice, between that and the CAI, I definitely have a noticeable difference in the turbo whine. Even today, was side by side with a stock FX4, big difference.

Shaffer9

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the FX4 have a different stock stance than one with the CCD suspension?

Those tires look really nice in the wheel wells, especially with no rubbing.

I'm not positive about FX4 relative to the CCD suspension, but when I measure from the top of the fender wells, mine sits level on the stock suspension. I'm not sure yet how aggressive you could be before rubbing would start as they just made it on there today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chase5817