What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vicious

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took delivery of mine a couple days ago. So far I have:

-Installed the WeatherTech cargo mat
-Installed the WeatherTech dog Guard (super flimsy and probably going to get broken by my dogs, really need Travall to work their magic with our cars)
-Hardwired my Uniden R7 radar detector
-Loaded my 5 Star Tuning tune
-Added a mini-fridge

I’m coming from a Range Rover. I really, really miss the soft close doors and the refrigerator in the center console for baby formula, but other than that I’m loving this rig! I can modify the mini-fridge I purchased, and it should fit inside the center console. In the meantime, it’ll hang out by the car seat.

After driving my Gen II Raptor stock then seeing the difference tuning makes in throttle response and shifts, I knew I had to do the same for the Expedition.

Going to black out all the chrome over the next few weeks. Unsure what I’ll do with the wheels. Thinking of going with a dark bronze.

Got mine tuned out. Just saying this as an option to anyone that comes across this post/thread.

What percent did you go with in the front? I’m thinking somewhere around 15-20%.

Any pics of the WeatherTech gear installed?

Last edited:

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had ceramic tint installed on all windows I can't recommend anything more highly. It makes a. Tremendous difference in the florida heat, my 5 star tune and my auto stop eliminator are the other 2 things that just make this vehicle so much better , even my volant cold air box was worthwhile.
Next thing is the borla exhaust that they just finished development.

3DogRanch

Reaction score
Would love to see what that looks like. Can you post pics?

This is in the garage so you don't get the full effect, but note that you can see through the front windows to the other side.
2019-07-31 07.39.49.jpg

This picture shows the "eyebrow" strip that I added. The installer recommended it and I can say it makes big difference in the glare off the dash and I could feel the difference on my knees in the middle of the day.
2019-07-31 07.39.58.jpg
I also highly recommend the covercraft UVS100 Window shade. It blocks UV and keep the truck much cooler. They are custom fit to the windshield instead of some generic crap that you have to fight with to make work or buy two to get complete coverage. I got mine from AutoAnything. Not an endorsement and I have no affiliation, just sharing. I had one of these on my Tundra and it lasted for over 10 years and kept my dash looking brand new.

And no, I normally don't use the window shade in the garage. It was parked like this in the driveway and I just backed it up into the garage without moving the window shade. After all, I was backing up, not going forward, so seeing out the front wasn't useful anyway ;-)

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put.clear ceramic tint on mine with a ceramic strip, I think you would find the difference amazing.