What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well now that the rear glass was replaced, I finished the full detail on my rig:

One step paint correction
One layer of Powerlock
One layer of Collinite

What did you use on the black plastic on the b pillars?

fishrising

Reaction score
  • Front air dam removal
Love the look without the front air dam. And I haven't looked yet, but how hard was it to remove? Did you have to cut it off? Or was it on via plastic pop rivets? Or something else?

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Love the look without the front air dam. And I haven't looked yet, but how hard was it to remove? Did you have to cut it off? Or was it on via plastic pop rivets? Or something else?
I took mine off back in December. There's 3 screws on each side that affix it to the fender liners, some little white plastic clips that affix it to the bottom of the bumper (use a pair of pliers to squeeze them together and they pull right out), and then another series of ~8 screws at the top (they face forward towards the back of the bumper). Since it doesn't look like you have an FX4, it should be easy.

On the FX4, this last set is a pain in the arse because there's not a large enough gap between the air dam and the front skid plate to get a tool in. So you have to use a long extension on a ratchet and go through the slots in the skid plate. And so you can only turn your ratchet about one click before you hit the other side of the skid plate slot. And you have to try and reach a finger or two up through the slot in the skid plate to keep pressure on the socket or it backs off the fastener and the fastener doesn't turn at all.

fishrising

Reaction score
I took mine off back in December. There's 3 screws on each side that affix it to the fender liners, some little white plastic clips that affix it to the bottom of the bumper (use a pair of pliers to squeeze them together and they pull right out), and then another series of ~8 screws at the top (they face forward towards the back of the bumper). Since it doesn't look like you have an FX4, it should be easy.

On the FX4, this last set is a pain in the arse because there's not a large enough gap between the air dam and the front skid plate to get a tool in. So you have to use a long extension on a ratchet and go through the slots in the skid plate. And so you can only turn your ratchet about one click before you hit the other side of the skid plate slot. And you have to try and reach a finger or two up through the slot in the skid plate to keep pressure on the socket or it backs off the fastener and the fastener doesn't turn at all.

Thank you!

fishrising

Reaction score
What brand are those mats?

Ordered on Amazon: MAX LINER A0350/B0351/C0351: Floor Mats 3 Liner Set Black for 2018-2019 Expedition with 2nd Row. And MAX LINER SMARTLINER All Weather Cargo Liner Floor Mat: Behind 2nd Row Black for 2018 Ford Expedition.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Since you’ve had it off for several months, have you experienced any affects on MPG or anything else different with it off?

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since you’ve had it off for several months, have you experienced any affects on MPG or anything else different with it off?
It looks cooler and I didn't notice any difference in wind noise*. As for fuel economy, umm..., you'll have to ask somebody who cares (enough to have the data). I took it off a few days before pulling a 6000lb travel trailer for 6000mi. Then we got back and switched back to regular and added cross bars and a kayak rack and sometimes the kayaks themselves. And then we're into summer and I'm running premium and doing lots of towing. So if there was an impact on MPGs I have no way of knowing one way or the other.

*Keep in mind I'll only notice a noise if it's loud enough to be heard over the stereo or the din of my 4 small children.