What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yaady

Reaction score
Creamic Coating, Mishimoto Intercooler, S&B CAI.. Tune tomorrow...

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got back from the Lake and my Weathertech full sunshades where here. They seal up pretty good. They should help keep the cab way cooler in the heat. Especially for the fridge. It had no problem making it through the night but the 110 degree day time temps plus the added cab heat made it struggle. Solar power couldn’t keep up and it started using the battery. They should also be good if you’re car camping for privacy.

f3b51e10f2deb2fa6d99427d36ac9d12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Fozzy which fridge do you have?
I have a 65 qt EdgeStar (compressor) in the basement compartment of our RV and it never has a problem keeping up on 100+ degree days.

I run the same window shades (have purchased them for 3 different vehicles now)....in fact I never remove them (mine parks outside 24/7), w/ 5% over the factory tint you cant even tell the window shades are in place.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Fozzy which fridge do you have?
I have a 65 qt EdgeStar (compressor) in the basement compartment of our RV and it never has a problem keeping up on 100+ degree days.

I run the same window shades (have purchased them for 3 different vehicles now)....in fact I never remove them (mine parks outside 24/7), w/ 5% over the factory tint you cant even tell the window shades are in place.

I bought the ACOpower Lion cooler. It’s not a overlanding or RV cooler. It has its own battery. Made for the soccer mom, day trips and such. Pretty happy with it. The battery will last though the night if the temps are below 100. I have 120 watt solar panel on the roof that will run the cooler in the day and recharge the coolers battery before sun down. In the heat of the locked up car at the boat dock all day, the solar panels where not enough to power it without help from the coolers battery(set at 33*). I hope the shades will keep the inside cool enough to let the solar panels do all the work. I have a couple spare battery’s for it so I can just through a new one in before we go to bed. But it would be cool if my panels and the coolers battery could support themselves all the time. Like mentioned above I plan on a solar generator to fill in the gaps. It will be awesome for weekend trips,boating and dune trips. Super light and has wheels. Wife can take it in her car for the day and not have to worry about the car battery or a hard line hook up. Plus it fits in the back with the third row seats up on my max and still have easy access.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought the ACOpower Lion cooler. It’s not a overlanding or RV cooler. It has its own battery. Made for the soccer mom, day trips and such. Pretty happy with it. The battery will last though the night if the temps are below 100. I have 120 watt solar panel on the roof that will run the cooler in the day and recharge the coolers battery before sun down. In the heat of the locked up car at the boat dock all day, the solar panels where not enough to power it without help from the coolers battery(set at 33*). I hope the shades will keep the inside cool enough to let the solar panels do all the work. I have a couple spare battery’s for it so I can just through a new one in before we go to bed. But it would be cool if my panels and the coolers battery could support themselves all the time. Like mentioned above I plan on a solar generator to fill in the gaps. It will be awesome for weekend trips,boating and dune trips. Super light and has wheels. Wife can take it in her car for the day and not have to worry about the car battery or a hard line hook up. Plus it fits in the back with the third row seats up on my max and still have easy access.

Its an interesting cooler, hadn't see them before - compressor based units are the way to go!

Friend of mine has the same (edgestar) cooler the I have in his Quigley E350 Van...we added an additional (deep cell) battery in a box, mounted under the van on the frame rail, a couple of solar panels on his van roof recover the battery during the day w/ some additional capacity to keep the cooler running too.

Our cooler is much too heavy to be considered portable....it works well for us because of the 120vac/12vdc auto-switching power.

Yaady

Reaction score
You get just the IC or all the piping too?

Mishimoto IC alone it bolts up to the existing piping. Only mod I had to do was remove the rubber shroud around the active shutter with a box cutter.

Yaady

Reaction score
Got my Tune back from @5star today. Installed it. Omg what a difference. Completely different truck now. Also use forscan for the 1st time and did a bunch of stuff. Bambi, Shelby splash screen. And a few others.

Oklahoma Jim

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally replaced the two piece lug nuts with one piece from Discount Tire.