What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Set up a meeting a warranty meeting at Ford for:

1. Rear Camera intermittent (since new)
2. Driver Window makes noise, full up as if over-travelling (since new)
3. Cold startup rattle/noise (since new)
4. Transmission Recalibration?
A. Cold start RPMs hang high, causing a slight jump when placed in DRIVE B. Slow (nearly 2 seconds) when shifting between PARK into DRIVE, slow to shift between DRIVE to REVERSE, slow when REVERSE to DRIVE. C. Not smooth at light throttle--feels like hesitation at less than 1500 rpms and ECO mode upshifts (is there a 2nd gear start feature)?
5. Center console silver paint chipping
6. Buzzing from- Phone/speakers when connected to Blu Tooth.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Set up a meeting a warranty meeting at Ford for:

1. Rear Camera intermittent (since new)
2. Driver Window makes noise, full up as if over-travelling (since new)
3. Cold startup rattle/noise (since new)
4. Transmission Recalibration?
A. Cold start RPMs hang high, causing a slight jump when placed in DRIVE B. Slow (nearly 2 seconds) when shifting between PARK into DRIVE, slow to shift between DRIVE to REVERSE, slow when REVERSE to DRIVE. C. Not smooth at light throttle--feels like hesitation at less than 1500 rpms and ECO mode upshifts (is there a 2nd gear start feature)?
5. Center console silver paint chipping
6. Buzzing from- Phone/speakers when connected to Blu Tooth.

Holy toledo, expected return to you around the middle of Jan. Lol, empathetic for the issues for sure.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wasn’t this week, last week...but installed a tune from 5 Star via a SCT X4. Absolutely loving it. I was mostly wanting the transmission to let the engine rev a bit more than stock, still get to 10th, and not shift harshly like sport mode. Mission accomplished! Drives MUCH better now. It also has a very healthy dose of additional power. When driving preparing to accelerate from 45 to 75 on a highway on ramp the tires actually broke loose in 2H. It was wet but I never had to worry about it before. Response off idle is also much improved. A worthwhile modification.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One thing I noted while removing the factory pads/rotors, is that the rear pads were 3 times as worn as the front pads (35K miles on them). Also, learning the fun way that you need to put the Expy into "Brake Maintenance Mode" prior to resetting the rear calibers. Broke the pads in, but waiting for after another wk of driving before I attempt 911 braking. So far stops a little better w/o any noise.

^Confirmed to work on 4th Gen Expys^
*The button he is referring to is the "Parking Brake Release" button (Expys on left side under headlight control panel).
The dust all over the console in that video will haunt me tonight while I try to sleep. Other than that, thanks for the data, I had no clue about this step.

StealthyD

Reaction score
Hello!
New here. Only owned the Expo 1 week now, But its at the detailer now, getting paint corrections from factory egg shell in paint, ceramic coating, and all chrome strips blacked out, as well as the C Pillar.

So far I love this thing. Coming from a 2016 Explorer Sport. Which I also loved and miss dearly.

Cant wait for a tune and other bolt ons

IMG_6432.jpg

Pokes_06

Reaction score