What is leaking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aye caramba. Maybe I should consider myself lucky to have a minor leak so far. But Would I have to constantly keep an eye out on the other 3? I’m at 13k miles, 26 months in.

As others have said, the Ford shocks/struts are crap. I had 3 blow out on me in about 30k miles and ended up replacing with Bilsteins. No troubles since.

OP
OP
N

Nytimes770

Reaction score
Took it to the dealer. Although I think only one was leaking they replaced all four. Warranty runs out in 9 months. Hoping won’t have to replace them for a couple of years at least.

Those that got aftermarket installed around how much did you pay.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For parts and labor I’ll be in it for $1,500 to $1,600… for parts only it will be $580. Unfortunately I’m not at a point in life where I have the tools or room to complete the swap myself. I’m scheduled to have the swap completed in early April.

OP
OP
N

Nytimes770

Reaction score
Took it to the dealer. Although I think only one was leaking they replaced all four. Warranty runs out in 9 months. Hoping won’t have to replace them for a couple of years at least.

Correction. The work order says they found a leak in all four.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am sure there are other options but the bilsteins are a good option and not too expensive. I have enjoyed mine quite a bit.

OP
OP
N

Nytimes770

Reaction score
Is the wear of these shock absorbers driven by miles only and not time? As in after replacing them if I just drive 5k miles over the next 5 years, they probably will not leak?

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No guarantee on not leaking. Probably will at some point in time. Then just put the Bilsteins on it. I Did with 39k. Vehicle under 4 yrs old.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire