What is leaking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nytimes770

Reaction score
I usually park in the garage. Today I left it in concrete driveway during the day to find wet spots not dry up. I managed to take this picture without the car jacked up. It’s from under the hood on the passenger side near the tire. The big cloth plate you need to remove to get to drain plug I didn’t remove so I didn’t get to see the actual source of the leak. It happens to be dangling a bit or at least hanging a bit loosely. Wonder if this is normal or they didn’t screw’s everything back in. Anyhow any guesses on what’s happening? Is it a loose drain plug?

All of my oil change have been att the dealer.

What is that thing that says gas filled do not fill do not heat with the spring covering it? I see moisture on that as well in the photo.

Thanks.

78F759E3-EF98-4D78-BECE-C0A402D7497B.jpeg

OP
OP
N

Nytimes770

Reaction score
Ok googled the part number and the cylinder shaped thing is the shock absorber. If this is what’s leaking would it be covered under the 36/36k warranty?

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is a Front Strut & it appears to be leaking. It is a under warranty item. Depends on the Ford dealer from what I have read on here.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree that it appears to be your strut that's leaking. It is covered by your 3/36k warranty.

OP
OP
N

Nytimes770

Reaction score
Aye caramba. Maybe I should consider myself lucky to have a minor leak so far. But Would I have to constantly keep an eye out on the other 3? I’m at 13k miles, 26 months in.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those are the base struts, they fail every 10-20K miles. Look for an aftermarket strut after the warranty expires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett