What tires are you guys running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally got myself some new tires yesterday. Goodyear Adventures. 275/70r18. I love them so far. They've got some meat to them, but nothing crazy.
20191217-150451.jpg
20191217-150458.jpg
20191217-150504.jpg

Franklin Jones

Reaction score
I had Hankook Dynapros on my Yukon and loved them. Great traction in all conditions, little road noise, good wear.

Have Cooper Discoveries on my truck and hate them. Worst traction I’ve ever had, especially when wet or snowy. Squeals going around corners at 5mph. My sister also had Coopers on her Honda Civic and complained about the same thing.

Mom has a set of Nexens on her Ford Flex that she says rides like they’re made of cement. Stiff, feel every rock and pebble, and don’t grip all that well.

Replaced the bald mismatched set with a used set of Hercules tires just to get by. They’re... ok. Traction is ok but not great, but the most annoying thing about them is you hear that rubber “slap” over every road joint. Sounds like a kid’s rubber band guitar driving down the road.

Keaton Taylor

Reaction score
Any hard suggestions on tires for lots of towing and a small amount of off-the-beaten-path driving? We'll be maxing out our tow capacity and traveling for a while next year.

Currently have the Goodyear Wrangler 275/55r20's on and they will likely need to be replaced before spring.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I'm running these and really like em. Overkill for what I do but they have been fantastic in the snow we've had in Wisconsin so far this year. - http://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-at3-xlt
Those look great. How do they sound on the highway? I don't want to hear the "rrrrrr" from the tires. I've always liked Coopers. I have a set on my 07 and they're quiet and have worn extremely well. They're Discoverers, but the aren't as aggressive as the AT3.

Kjhawkeye1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those look great. How do they sound on the highway? I don't want to hear the "rrrrrr" from the tires. I've always liked Coopers. I have a set on my 07 and they're quiet and have worn extremely well. They're Discoverers, but the aren't as aggressive as the AT3.

They are quieter than the Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas that we were driving on. If you read about the tires they have some sort of "whisper groove" technology in them to keep them quieter. All I know is my wife thinks our ride has improved (probably from more sidewall) and that it is quieter in the truck. We frequently take trips on the highway and I don't hear any rumbling from the tires.

Up close, the sidewall looks REALLY aggressive which is great. Been trying to get away from the stock grocery getter/soccer mom look. :driver:

buffy

Reaction score
There are a lot of quality tires out there these days. Outside of true snow tires, I recommend the following:

For climates without snow/ice: Continental TerrainContact AT. They gobble up wet roads. Good road manners and decent off-road performance.

For the best mix of everything, the Yokohama Geolander AT G015 is a top performer. The LT versions will help if you're finding yourself in rougher stuff off-road more often.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357